• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Union membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arty Morgan

Do you get invited to join a union during your introduction sessions or would you join of your own volition prior to start of training?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aivilo

Everywhere does it differently. If you've not seen anyone in your first few weeks or on your first home depot visit make sure you find out who they are and get to see them

Established Member
Some TOCs set aside a couple of hours on one of the training days for the union to come and speak to the new trainees.

sw1ller

Established Member
I didn’t see anyone until 3 weeks after passing out as a qualified driver. I’d suggest you go looking for them as soon as you start your driving hours. (If they don’t find you first, depends on the depot)

Dynamonic

At my TOC, the union came to visit us during the first week of training. But as has been mentioned, different TOCs have different approaches. Sometimes, your mentor will introduce you to your union reps when you’re finally out at your own depot.

Status
Not open for further replies.