• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Uno bus fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordan Adam

Established Member
It is...

I'm surprised there's not been an independent investigation regarding Citaros, far too many of them have caught fire over the years and continue to! That's at least the second in the UK this month.

That is now the fourth Mercedes Benz Citaro fire (two rigid ones and two articulated ones) that Uno have had in just the past six years.

spuddie

Why was the front of it dumped in the hedge too.....surely that would make a rapid escape from the vehicle more difficult!

Unless the brakes had failed and that was the best way to stop it?! That's the only reason I can think.

The Citaro's must have a high fire rate, one of Arriva's decided to combust in Wendover a couple of months back.

alex397

Established Member
With Citaro fire stories, I do sometimes wonder if its poor maintenance rather than something wrong with the Citaro type (i'm certainly not speaking as an expert here!).

The Citaro is pretty common across Europe and I haven't heard about Citaro fires so much (apart from in Rome, where issues there appear to be more to do with poor maintenance by the operator).

A0wen

On Moderation
Why was the front of it dumped in the hedge too.....surely that would make a rapid escape from the vehicle more difficult!

I assume the driver would have considered that - along with the fact they wouldn't have wanted to block the road as it would have impeded the emergency services.

CODE02

The reason behind the fire is being investigated as we speak the bus was 318 BF59 NJE

That is now the fourth Mercedes Benz Citaro fire (two rigid ones and two articulated ones) that Uno have had in just the past six years.

This is incorrect at UNO only 324 caught fire which was an Ex London bus

Other then that 314 has caught fire before

Status
Not open for further replies.