• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unusual sounding locomotive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Good Morning All,
Living where we do, that is beside the Heaton Norris-Guide Bridge line and approx. half a mile (on the Stockport side)from Reddish South station, was awoken from my slumbers this morning by a very strange sounding engine noise and what sounded like mk2 coaches in tow. It's quite common for the Nothern Belle to pass this way ECS and my guess is it could have been this, but the loco definitely did not sound like a 47 or even a 57. The question is was it a 68 Eurolight? Can only hazard a guess at the time being between 05:00-06:45. It was heading in a northbound direction (from Stockport) Could anyone help on this?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fgwrich

Established Member
There is in fact a DRS / Northern Belle Class 68 test run to Edinburgh running today leaving Crewe at some early hour this morning, quite likely that is the Loco you'll have heard.

Last edited:

Ash Bridge

Established Member
There is in fact a DRS / Northern Belle test run to Edinburgh running today leaving Crewe at some early hour this morning, quite likely that is the Loco you'll have heard.

Many thanks for replying, had quick search myself this morning but couldn't see anything, definitely didn't sound anything like a a large Sulzer engine Nor the 57 variant, but making a hell of a racket whatever it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.