• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Upminster to Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny G

Hello, I am planning to travel from Upminster to Brighton on 10th June 2019 arriving around 8.30 am. Rtn would be leaving Brighton around 5pm on Wednesday 12th June 2019.

I am happy to change trains/ avoid zone 1 / leave before 6.30 am.

I can't seem to find any advance singles on sale so the best option at the moment seems to be going via Canada Water using TFL contactless and buying a day single from East Croydon to Brighton. The price would still be pretty eye watering though with the contactless leg being £2.80 off peak/£3.80 peak and the East Croydon to Brighton costing £16.50. A direct ticket via zone 1 seems to hit the £28.70 mark one way.

Is there any better way to do this? Apart from walk?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Apologies just noticed that this isn’t a day trip.

Consider travelling via Blackfriars on Thameslink and splitting at Gatwick Airport.

London Thameslink Gatwick Airport Anytime Return £21.10 (Thameslink only)
Gatwick Airport - Brighton Anytime Return £18.00 (Thameslink only).

Use Oyster PAYG/Contactless to get from Upminster to Blackfriars.

Your will need to use a train that calls at Gatwick Airport which all the Thameslink trains do, as far as I know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.