• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Used a out of date ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
I agree.
It might be weeks before a letter arrives, and we don't know what they'll ask for. Some people will disagree with me on this no doubt but if it was me I'd just send them the £28.90 and hope that's the end of it. True, they might not bank the cheque and may ask for more, but I'd say it's worth a try.

I agree.

To who and where (address) should the OP send a cheque for £28.90 and who should she make it payable to?

Feel free to include a draft of your letter here for approaval before sending. I would agree too that should be done ASAP to try to avoid things getting any worse.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dizzygran

I agree.

To who and where (address) should the OP send a cheque for £28.90 and who should she make it payable to?

Feel free to include a draft of your letter here for approaval before sending. I would agree too that should be done ASAP to try to avoid things getting any worse.

Ive already sent them an email with pretty much the story ive said admitting my fault but had no funds at the time to give to the inspector. Ive put my hands up offering to pay the ticket fee. At least ive made an attempt to pay and told them the truth regarding getting the ticket etc etc.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I get that and you don't have to justify it to me or anyone else but Northern - I was merely telling you that no matter how much you protest about your innocence its a common occurrence.

You still need to pay the money you owe them for the ticket though. As others have said please do it quickly before it escalates any further

Just for clarity the TOC in question here is TransPennine Express not Northern (for once).

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I can only agree with what yorkie said above. Don't delay sending them a cheque for £28.90 any more.

dizzygran

Ive mailed them but i can send a cheque tomorrow to be on the safe side. What is the address please where i would send it.

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Ive mailed them but i can send a cheque tomorrow to be on the safe side. What is the address please where i would send it.

I. M. A. Chancer.

c/o Halfway House (Bailhostel)
169 Cowdaddens Drive,
Glasgow,
G2 7TA

Please leave the payees name blank and do not cross it.

(Sorry I could not resist...........<D)

Seriously, I would confirm direct with Transpennine the correct address to use as you wouldn't want it going astray. Most cheques should be pre crossed "a/c payee only" but if not make sure yours is just in case.

gray1404

Established Member
Do you have a address the OP should send the cheque to at TPE and exactly who it should be made payable to? I see she is wanting to send it later on today (Friday)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
In the absence of any specific information I'd suggest:
Revenue Protection Department
c/o Customer RelationsFirst TransPennine Express
Freepost
ADMAIL 3878
Manchester
M1 9YB
However TPE may have already outsourced the matter to another company, Revenue Protection Support Services. Their address would be:
Revenue Protection Support Services (RPSS),
PO Box 89,
Portsmouth.
PO1 1EG.
It may, therefore, be wise to contact them by 'phone first to establish the best way forward.

They may say you should wait for a letter. The letter may ask for just the fare, or may ask for the fare plus a fee, or the letter may ask for your version of events before they decide how to proceed. As each Train Company operates differently, and as the evidence gathered also plays a part, we cannot really say. In some cases it can take many weeks, or even months, to reach a conclusion while other cases can be dealt with very promptly.

Status
Not open for further replies.