• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Uttoxeter to Grange-over-Sands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolguy22468

I am going to Grange-over-Sands on Tuesday until Saturday from Uttoxeter, the cheapest fair I can get for it is £35 and is via Manchester. Does anyone know how to get it any cheaper?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I assume that £35 fare you quoted is the total fare for the return journey?

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
On flexible tickets it's possible to get close to this, provided you don't mind the stoppers between Manchester and Preston. Whether it's worth it or not depends upon whether or no you're happy to commit to advance tickets.

Month Return, Off-Peak
£38.40

UTTOXETER to BLACKROD
ANYTIME R
£21.00
Route: ANY PERMITTED

BLACKROD to ADLINGTON LANCS
ANYTIME DAY S (x2)
£3.60

ADLINGTON LANCS to GRANGE OVR SANDS
OFF-PEAK R
£13.80

Otherwise, there is a possible combination via Wigan. Again, it's a fiver more than advance tickets, but you might consider that worth it for the flexibility, especially since this would allow you to use the WCML between Crewe and Lancaster. Oh yes, and the Uttoxeter to Wigan ticket would allow a free first class upgrade on the Saturday between Wigan and Crewe.

Month Return, Off-Peak
£40.40

UTTOXETER to WIGAN STATIONS
ANYTIME R
£21.00

WIGAN STATIONS to GRANGE OVR SANDS
OFF-PEAK R
£19.40

Last edited:
Status