• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

vBulletin 3.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
While on the subject of blogs, will this one have a link to the blogs from the work safe theme? The current one doesn't despite requests for it made through the feedback section ;)

Gizmogle

Established Member
Thread prefixes are a good idea I think. For things like the meet forum, you could have [CASUAL] and [PROPOSED] already in there. Also the simsig and other games forum there could be prefixes for the games like [LOCOMOTION] [SIMSIG] [TRAINZ] and such.

I like the friend idea.

The comment/public PMing thing looks fun. But will probably mean more moderation required to control what people say.

I like the social groups idea too. But think there will be way too many retarded groups set up.

The new profile pages look like they'd take some getting used to...

Profile customization just looks annoying. I'd keep profiles set to one colour scheme.

The inline editing is a great idea.

Attatchment lightboxes seem to work well on other forums, but sometimes It'd be so much easier just to open the image in a new window.

I really like the sound of visitor tracking on profiles.
Automatic resizing of images to fit the size restrictions is a great idea.

And yes, I'm done :)

Gizmogle

Established Member
I'm assuming you have to upgrade to the new vBulletin, and can't just steal features from it?

I really like how everything looks and is right now, and don't feel like a massive change of colour and layout.

T

Tom

The theme won't change - but I can turn off some features but I don't think I can turn off the profile ...

Gizmogle

Established Member
Well, the new profile layout is certainly different, but I think it should be kept, as it works with the rest of the features.

nath9425

I have just had a look. It doe's look very nice, and if bought will be used by the community to quite a high standard. But as Gizmogle says, the new layout will take a while to get my head round it.

Coxster

Established Member
The new profile thing looks a bit like Invision's which I've always found to work quite well. Yes it takes a bit of getting used to, but so did the upgrade that Tom made from phpBB to vBulletin. At first most people disliked it (including me), but now I would discourage Tom from going back.

T

Tom

Did someone just say Invision? *throws up*

In all honesty, I'm not particularly keen on it. It looks a bit too much like MySpace to me...

Gizmogle

Established Member
It looks a bit too much like MySpace to me...
That was my first thougt when I saw the public PM feature.

I think it'll encourage more activity on the forums though.

I'd at least give it a trial run and see what members think of it.

I like the look of it :)

Craig

Established Member
Tagging and attachment lightbox would be handy, but there's nothing much that stands out. It's probably worth installing at some point, but I don't think there's any hurry to do it.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I like the Profiles feature...

me123

Established Member
It's looking good. The profiles will be really good and the photo galleries will be highly applicable to this site I would think.

And I think the myspace/bebo thing could be useful as long as it's used well, which it should be on this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.