• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Very interesting ticket...

Status
Not open for further replies.

metrocammel

The "purple" Advanced Purchase is actually a dark blue, and is the normal RSP Aptis AP stock - RSP4599/201.
As for being charged different prices for rangers, with Aptis many fares have to be manually entered (using the fare o/ride button) so it is almost at the "clerks" discretion, as at the end of the day they might have worked the price out wrong, and therefore when o/riding the "NOFARE" on the Aptis, they enter a wrong value, if your lucky a lower one, and if your not a high one. A clerk at Blackpool recently accused Man Victoria of putting o/riding a fare too cheaply, though they actually didn't, it was just an inept woman at B.N. who said "the computer was only for reservations, NOT checking ranger fares.-stupid woman.

JP.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordy

Established Member
metrocammel said:
The "purple" Advanced Purchase is actually a dark blue,

:lol: Thats my fault, they both look the same :roll:

Jordy
(PS I'm Colourblind ;) )

metrocammel

:lol: Thats my fault, they both look the same :roll:

Jordy
(PS I'm Colourblind ;) )

LOL I think I'll forgive you this time!!!
But really, any APTIS tickets are getting rarer now, so all are worth collecting, even the normal orange stock, as before long there will be no ticketing variety (unless there is policy u-turn) and everything will be on a "Tribute" based thermal ticket printing system. BTW, speaking to a freind who is a Northern (man vic based) guard, the "grapevine" is that both Avantix Mobile and a new in-office ticket system maybe introduced around March next year- watch this space. I imagine TPE will follow suit.

ta,
Metcam

Jim

Established Member
I keep all my old tickets. You should see how many there is ;)

The Gricer

On the subject of different coloured tickets, how many of you younger members can remember seeing these?

tickets.jpg

I found these here on a site which seems to have been abandoned since early 1998.

Frank

Gareth Hale

I recently got an orange BR one when I was traveling on a 142 from Nelson - Preston 8) Not sure if it had BR on it, I think it did though

evil_hippo

Gareth Hale said:
I recently got an orange BR one when I was traveling on a 142 from Nelson - Preston 8) Not sure if it had BR on it, I think it did though

Ah, the Accrington squeeeeeeeeal.

Gareth Hale

Yup, Its my favourite bend on the railways 8) 8) 8) It used to be my old Local line till I moved away :cry:

oh, And the Preston Bounces 8)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Lewisham is good too...

Can't say I've seen any of those in recent years, apart from via a link elsewhere for the NSE one (imagine that, £3 to go from Bournemouth to Worcester...)

I have an enormous collection of tickets myself, a lot of which have been discarded with before now, certainly I have collections of tickets in various locations. The amount of tickets I have, the total must exceed 500 (I am NOT joking) by now, certainly will be end 2005.

Gareth Hale

evil_hippo said:
Gareth Hale said:
It used to be my old Local line till I moved away

LANCASHIRE? Ugh. Yorkshire is so much better.

I like Lancashire

Also, the Sqeel in Accrington sometimes makes you deaf while other times it only squeels a little bit. What about the Preston WCML joining, that bend is flaming massive! And squeeky :)

Status
Not open for further replies.