• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Victoria to Waterloo valid route

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBmcbob

I'm looking to go from Waterloo to Victoria not using the underground on a london waterloo - london victoria ticket.

Would I be right in saying going via Clapham Junction is valid? Is there another faster route?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
Walking may be a quicker option, cheaper too. Looking at a map, I wouldn't think there are any quicker routes by rail with that ticket.

James Wake

Only takes about 15-20 mins maximum on the 507 bus, run very frequently and would just cost an Oyster single of £1.50.

MichaelAMW

As you will see here:

http://www.brfares.com/#expert?orig=WAT&dest=VIC

there is a Victoria to Waterloo, Route: Not Underground, fare for £3.20 that seems to do the trick. There's even a PAYG Oyster fare quoted and the booking engines will sell the ticket. I did wonder if a return from London Terminals to Clapham Junction might be best but such a thing doesn't seem to exist any more, other than as an Anytime Day return, which is a bit steep at £5.90.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
As you will see here:

http://www.brfares.com/#expert?orig=WAT&dest=VIC

there is a Victoria to Waterloo, Route: Not Underground, fare for £3.20 that seems to do the trick. There's even a PAYG Oyster fare quoted and the booking engines will sell the ticket. I did wonder if a return from London Terminals to Clapham Junction might be best but such a thing doesn't seem to exist any more, other than as an Anytime Day return, which is a bit steep at £5.90.

That's correct. Off-Peak Day Returns within the zones were abolished with the introduction of Oyster PAYG across the zonal area.

Status
Not open for further replies.