Virgin CDR ticket GLC-CAR

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by NicholasNCE, 14 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NicholasNCE

NicholasNCE Member

Hi all,

I was just trying to plan a day-trip to Carlisle from Glasgow Central, brfares comes up with a off-peak day return (CDR) priced at £16 ( http://www.brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=GLC&dest=CAR&grpo=0433&rte=43&tkt=CDR ) but I've had no joy finding it online and Virgin's twitter team couldn't help me either.
    Any idea why it doesn't seem to be available online and how easy it will be to get it issued at GLC ticket office?

Nicholas

2. causton

causton Established Member

Probably not available from stations. Should it even exist - as the flow seems to be owned by Virgin, meaning they could not have a VT only ticket?!? The fact that it has copied FGW restrictions, has the fare setter as "Unknown" and doesn't seem to be put in properly means I doubt it is for public sale.

3. gazthomas

gazthomas Established Member

I tried to no avail. The best I could do was £24.20 for two off peak web singles which I still think is a good deal

4. NicholasNCE

NicholasNCE Member

5. Hadders

Hadders Established Member

I seem to remember this being a promotional fare. Possibly during the Commonwealth Games?

6. NicholasNCE

NicholasNCE Member

Indeed, I hadn't gone to the end of the article. It was a promotional fare over the festive period and ended on the 11th of January... :oops:

Sorry about that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.