• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin On Board CSAs Glasgow

Status
Not open for further replies.

G42

Hi all,

On the southbound west coast mainline, how far do the onboard staff work - do they still change at Preston?

Cheers,
Gary

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Donachie

Hi all,

On the southbound west coast mainline, how far do the onboard staff work - do they still change at Preston?

Cheers,
Gary

Drivers and TM's change at Preston but I have seen CSA working right through to Euston .

380gk

Glasgow CSAstaff have at least one SX turn through to London and back (on the 1630 flyer).
. Long day!

RJ

Established Member
Certainly from Euston there were turns through to Glasgow. Either 10h 39m or 12h 39m. Those shifts are always available on overtime as people have a tendency to go off sick when rostered to work those trains. Unlike the other routes where you work for just over 2 hours then get a break, the Anglo Scottish services are perennially busy in First Class and often understaffed.

craigybagel

Established Member
There used to be one week in the roster where staff only had to work 3 days that week as the days were so long. I think it was pass Glasgow to Edinburgh, work to Birmingham, work back to Glasgow. There was another long job with Glasgow to Euston and back with 3 hours in Euston!

Euston and Wolverhampton csas also can find themselves in Glasgow and London in the same shift (though it was Saturday only for wolves when I was there and they may well have gotten rid of it). Edinburgh staff don't go to London though I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.