• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Trains - Awaiting Reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom2521

I had a search of the forums first before posting this and found a similar thread/question posted a while ago but it was a while ago and I was hoping someone would have a more up-to-date opinion/knowledge of VT's recruitment process.

I applied for a GPR Multi Functional position at Coventry Railway station online and submitted my application a day or two before the closing date. I received an email a day or two afterwards informing me that due to a high volume of applicants it would take them a while to reply.

It has been over a month now though and I was just wondering if anyone knew if VT bother to reply to unsuccessful candidates?

I know they have done so to me in the past (about 3-4 years ago) but also noted that sometimes they don't appear to reply.

If anyone knows what the current stance is I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

londonboi198o5

On Moderation
They normally do however giving the last month was April with Easter holidays/ bank holidays etc i imagine its taking them a while to shift through the applications. as you stated there was a high volume of applications and there not going to get through them all very quick. A month is still very early to hear back anything. The railways do have a tendency to take a while to get back so give it time if you dont hear anything within the next 4 weeks possibly give HR a courtesy call to make enquiries

hughavinalaf

A friend applied for customer service roles at Manchester back in March,he hasn't heard anything since,his applications are still showing as 'open' though.

notaspotter

Virgin do seem to take quite a long time to get back to everyone. It took them 5 weeks before my girlfriend had a email inviting her to a Recruitment Road show in Crewe, she applied in March for Manchester and was invited down mid April. It seems though once the ball is rolling they do speed things up as she was invited back for second assessment day, not long after her attending the road show. She is just now waiting to hear if she has been successful.

Virgin do seem to take quite a long time to get back to everyone. It took them 5 weeks before my girlfriend had a email inviting her to a Recruitment Road show in Crewe, she applied in March for Manchester and was invited down mid April. It seems though once the ball is rolling they do speed things up as she was invited back for second assessment day, not long after her attending the road show. She is just now waiting to hear if she has been successful.

I think I attended that event as well, but got rejected at that stage. I have been invited to the London Euston one later this week.

I found it quiet hard that roadshow because it was impossible to who was marking you. On arrival there was a short introduction and we were taken into meet some of the staff. We chatted to them for about an hour before we were taken one by one to have a 60 second to camera "Why do you want to work for Virgin Trains?". Finally, there was the 'speed interview' where you all go and have 60 seconds to get to know the person in front of you. Did not really know what to talk about in that session, but I think i'm more prepared for later this week.

Marg70

I also attended this event and haven't even had a yes or no but it was three weeks ago now so will take it as a no.

Status
Not open for further replies.