• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virtual Tube BVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
Myself, Joe S (Sturdjos) and Jordy are starting up a Virtual Tube company for BVE4. We will be starting the workings this week, and the site building and forum building is underway.
The idea of the company is to recruit drivers for the London Underground lines compatible with BVE4. Each driver will be issued with an email as soon as a rota is published on the website, and they will be told what line, what time and with what stock to operate the line. They must them carry out the task, and note any under/over runs at stations, late or early arrivals and upon completion of the task, complete the form on the website with the details they recorded. They will then be emailed with their results, but one of the management team.

The forum will be set up so that drivers from each separate line can discuss their driving tasks etc. They can also request a new line for their next task by PMing one of the moderators/management team.

The lines in use in Virtual Tube BVE are as follows:

- Northern Line (both directions, both branches - present day only!) - By Steve Green and Keith Hazleton

- Piccadilly Line v5.2 - By Tom Beevers

- East London Line v2 - By Steve Green and Richard Gellham

- Victoria Line v3 - By Sacha Dodd

- District Line - By Paul Jobber

- Circle Line - Paul Jobber

If you would like to apply to be a driver on any of the lines above, pleas email opr PM me with your name (or nickname), your preferred line and your email address (so we can send you your tasks). Once you have applied, your will be approved or denied by the management and we will email you when your first duty will be.

Basically, that is it. Until we get the site set up, all updates will be posted here.

(NOTE: The company is set u for amusement purposes only, and we are all doing it for our own pleasure. All tasks will be assigned to you, and you can carry them out at whatever time with 5 days of them being assigned. You can submit your task report using the forum on the site once it is available.
If at any time you do not want to continue being a driver for Virtual Tube BVE, please contact us, and we can arrange a replacement.)

Thanks,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sturdjos

Thanks for your vote of confidence, BoeingPilot - much appreciated ;)

We realise that it isn't gonna last forever - but it's just a bit of fun.

The Snap

Established Member
Boeing-Pilot said:
lol, another fool. :P

Yeah, we know that there have been loads of attempts in MSTS, but really, we intend to try and make it last as long as possible. If it ends in 2 days, it ends in 2 days, if it nds in 2 years, then it ends in 2 years.
Simple, we don't really need any more of this "it will fail" stuff, because we have heard it all beofre. If you are going to say something about this, please only speek if you have something positive to say. ;)

Thanks,

Nitro

Come you lot we need more drivers (except for the Piccadilly and Northen Lines)!!

Nitro

Im sure Rich can sort something out at we currently need District and Circle Line drivers which are both compatible with BVE 2.

Nitro

Ok well the ELL is full but we do have places for the Victoria District and Circle Lines!

Nitro

OK if anyone wants to join please visit www.virtual-tube-bve.co.nr and click on the "Staff Recruitment" link and fill out the form. Please note that the Northen, Picadilly and East London lines are all full! We are only looking fr Victoria, District and Circle Lines drivers.

Unfortunately, as i showed a lot of interest over at Transport Forum. Because of the way things have turned out primarily i am withdrawing my support of this programme.

Jeez. I've had a look on your forums and read through the posts and the way most things are done is terrible.
You've been in Operation what..a few days and already your announcing changes and planning to move.
Please guys, anyone. Feel free to PM Requesting information on all the problems before you decide to sign up.

Managers, over at transport forum you didnt listen to anything i said. You rushed into this without proper thought and made hasty decisions so you lost me as a potential manager..think of all the problems you have that could have been rectified by me.

The Snap

Established Member
Excuse me, but all our drivers are very happy with the way that the company is being run. We will run the company the way we want, not the way other, non-drivers want. Please refrain from making comments like this, as we do not appreciate them. We are trying to run a Virtual Comapny here, and with people like your self, we wont be able to.

Thank you,

Sorry, but i can say what i like. Freedom of Speech, wonderful thing.
Its strange..i havent seen on the forum any evidence of the drivers being happy with the way its run. Make that up did you.
I honestly don't care if you appreciate it or not. its the truth. Its no loss without it so i can tell the world all the problems. Better that they dont join up now than join up and get bored.

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Can off-forum disputes remain there please.

Indeed Tom, I don't understand what has been said here. We are trying to run this thing, and with people slagging it off, we wont get anywhere. Sorry Tom, and anyone lse who has had to read this...:(

Nitro

(Yes I know what I am saying is off forum but it has to be said) Warriorofrovac, can you please not try and bring this company down. Just because YOU cant use BVE 4 and join us that doesn't mean the company is not good. You re not a manager, so what maybe thats for the better as the current managers have done ALOT of hard work to make it happen and the results are showing. We nearly have all the lines full and as for everyone not being happy well you are wrong! I for one am very happy because us moving to RailUK which means more publicity for us and Im pretty sure all the other drivers all all happy!

Rant over!

This has nothing to do with me not having BVE4, so why not learn the bloody facts before saying anything..alright. It just makes you look stupid. Hard Work. Thats a laugh..all those problems do not show hard work it just shows you rushed.
Full lines, big woop. Nobody after a few days is going to take it seriously. Ever. Full Stop. Won't it be so easy just to make up the Route Reports..thats what most people will do.
Action will be taken against those who dont file reports...oh dear..i'm scared.
Showing results. thats a laugh. The reports were only issued today..Yep, thats showing results.

I havent had a adaquate apology from Rich or the other manager, so..unless i get a decent apology over msn, my quest to destroy this company will continue.

T

Tom

Leave it out, off-forum disputes stay off forum warriorofrovac. Please count this as a warning, any future warnings may result in a holiday.

Tom B

Established Member
I wouldn't mind but I said four posts ago not to keep arguing about off forum disputes yet you still carry on doing it...

Status
Not open for further replies.