• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Vouchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnychips

Established Member
Not sure if this is the right place, but here goes:

I've been working for the same organisation for 30 years, so have been granted a £150 gift. It can't be cash, but it can be vouchers.

My first thought was NR vouchers, but as far as I can tell, these are only issued as compensation.

Does anyone know if any TOCs issue vouchers and under what terms they can be used. As you can see from my location, I use EC, TPE, GC and Eurostar a lot.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

johnnychips

Established Member
Thanks. I suppose like other vouchers, they don't give change? Or are they like Amazon where you have an account?

soil

Established Member
Can't you take Sainsburys/Tesco/insert-supermarket-of-choice vouchers?

johnnychips

Established Member
Can't you take Sainsburys/Tesco/insert-supermarket-of-choice vouchers?

I can, but that's a bit boring. Maybe a nice First Class trip to somewhere like London or Edinburgh will remind me that 30 years' service is worth it! At least I don't get a compulsory carriage clock for the mantelpiece; I have a choice.

Thanks, Causton, I'll fill in the form at once!

Last edited:

Not sure if this is the right place, but here goes:

I've been working for the same organisation for 30 years, so have been granted a £150 gift. It can't be cash, but it can be vouchers.

My first thought was NR vouchers, but as far as I can tell, these are only issued as compensation.

Does anyone know if any TOCs issue vouchers and under what terms they can be used. As you can see from my location, I use EC, TPE, GC and Eurostar a lot.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Think Eurostar do vouchers!

johnnychips

Established Member
Think Eurostar do vouchers!

I usually use E* on business, so if the receipt came out showing the fare less £150, I might have trouble claiming it back. On the other hand, I could upgrade - never tried E* other than Standard Class. That's worth thinking about.

island

Veteran Member
You can use East Coast vouchers for most journeys, East Coast or not. I bought a large EC voucher last year when I needed to hit a credit card spend threshold, and used it over the course of the next several months for anything I happened to need.

Status
Not open for further replies.