• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Voyager from Birmingham?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainfan344

Established Member
Hello, can you help me, are there any services booked for a voyager between Birmingham New Street and Nottingham?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The 06:37 Nottingham to Bournemouth is a Voyager. I am not sure if there is a return working

AlexS

Established Member
There's one booked, the 0637 Nottingham to Bournemouth.

Voyagers have also been known to substitute on local services between Birmingham and Nottingham and Birmingham and Leicester if there's been a shortage of 170s.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
As far as I'm aware, unfortunately not. As mentioned above, there's the 0637 Nottingham to Bournemouth, but the inbound service is from Derby only, departing at 0600 and arriving at Nottingham at 0621. I was going to suggest catching a 170 from Birmingham to Derby and then onto the Voyager from there, if you wanted to catch it, but unfortunately the first service out of Birmingham to Derby is the 0600 to Glasgow, so that'd be too late.

The 0637 Nottingham to Bournemouth is one of the services in a very interesting diagram, as I believe it also forms the evening Cardiff Voyager, which I regularly travel on, so that makes two daily services all on the same diagram!

Status
Not open for further replies.