• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Voyager/Meridian question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobShipway

Established Member
Looking at some of the photos of Voyagers where they are 5 car and similar sized Meridians it looks like they have a well area ready for a pantograph without the need for the previously mentioned extra coach needed for the pantograph?

Also, if the extra coach is needed for the Voyager/Meridian trains to enable them to be electric, does the height with the pantograph on still allow the trains to go through tunnels and under bridges on the existing XC and East Midlands routes where there is not electrification?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

asylumxl

Established Member
I think what you're referring to is actually the well for the resistor banks for the rheostatic brakes.

I'd imagine the pantograph will be designed to fit within the existing loading gauge restraints of the 22x series when out of use.

Last edited:

gordonthemoron

Established Member
Also, if the extra coach is needed for the Voyager/Meridian trains to enable them to be electric, does the height with the pantograph on still allow the trains to go through tunnels and under bridges on the existing XC and East Midlands routes where there is not electrification?

Since the v'gers/meridians seem a lot smaller than most trains, I would expect so

Status
Not open for further replies.