• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VTEC Remove 1st Class Quiet Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

All Line Rover

Established Member
Perhaps this might not happen after all? DOR introduced the first class quiet coach in response to "passenger feedback", and if Virgin's surveys are anything to go by (they recently sent out a survey on West Coast's first class menu design - not the quality of first class food and drink, but the font and presentation of the paper menu!), I'll kindly disregard their results.

It's comical but depressing that, at a time when the East Coast franchise is falling apart, senior Virgin or Stagecoach management are fretting about the first class quiet coach that, as far as one can tell from DOR's experience, has had a neutral or positive impact on revenue.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jon0844

Veteran Member
I'm in the first class quiet coach on 1S05 to Edinburgh and it's anything but. All I can hear is loud talking and laughing - from staff at the end and the fact the door to the staff seating doesn't shut.

I doubt it's this noisy in any other coach (bar the cafe bar).

Agent_Squash

Established Member
Perhaps this might not happen after all? DOR introduced the first class quiet coach in response to "passenger feedback", and if Virgin's surveys are anything to go by (they recently sent out a survey on West Coast's first class menu design - not the quality of first class food and drink, but the font and presentation of the paper menu!), I'll kindly disregard their results.

It's comical but depressing that, at a time when the East Coast franchise is falling apart, senior Virgin or Stagecoach management are fretting about the first class quiet coach that, as far as one can tell from DOR's experience, has had a neutral or positive impact on revenue.
I don't think senior Stagecoach management will be worrying about it - middle managers perhaps, but not those at the top.

Failed Unit

Established Member

I didn’t. But did hate the fact the booking engine never had the option to avoid it. I would have loved a “Not quiet coach option”. I was dumped in it a few times because the other coaches were full. But if you expressed no preference you were put in the normal coaches taking away seats from us that don’t want the quiet coach. I don’t mind if it stays or goes as long as I don’t need to sit in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.