• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VTEC Shunter role, Bounds Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

baz962

Established Member
I Just checked the ad again, cant tell if its a trainee or qualified role.

Teddyward

I put in an application for this. I’ve tried uploading cv numerous times but on my profile it says section incomplete. Anyone else encountered that?

Saracen_83

So if it’s a trainee position, is that 33k trainee, then 39k plus London allowance once qualified??

Termak

So if it’s a trainee position, is that 33k trainee, then 39k plus London allowance once qualified??
Hi, if it states 33k, that should be the new basic/ headline salary after this year pay inrease.
So it will be, 33k + L.A + 12.5% shift allowance. Then after initial classroom based training, there is 24 hours overtime paid due to the 12hr shift pattern.

MJG3

What are the chances of this job leading to a fully qualified driver? It's a great opportunity that I'll apply for either way.

KFRM

Is anybody still having trouble uploading a CV onto the system? It won't accept mine no matter what I do.

Termak

+2. Would they consider if I live 1hr away via train?
There are a lot of people who live more than an hour away, and as for leading to a fully qualified driver, that's to be seen as depot driving will be a new thing to VTEC, besides by December, Hitachi Rail would have taken over the maintenance depot. So if you join, you will be a Hitachi Rail employee after the end of the year. However, as the advert states, you will have to do the full driver assessment. Maybe someone might know how this might work.

baz962

Established Member
Not even a week the closing date was friday, two day's ago.

Daly131

Rejection email today, made it to the DMI with GTR and failed since then two TOC's that ive applied for havent accepted my application or wanted to interview me. Where the hell am i going wrong!!!!! Good luck everyone.

GMT

Rejection email today, made it to the DMI with GTR and failed since then two TOC's that ive applied for havent accepted my application or wanted to interview me. Where the hell am i going wrong!!!!! Good luck everyone.
Very likely you are not doing anything wrong. It may be a matter of luck, too. Or possibly there were candidates with the same qualities as yours but living closer to the depot than you. Anyway, I can keep you good company because I received the same rejection and also another one for same role from SWR. Two in one day, happy days. May I fail for ever to land a job in the railway industry? Yes, of course, it is likely, and I'm trying to stick that in my head. But life has to go on and can be good even without a job involving driving a train, although I'll try hard all the way to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.