• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Waterloo and City 1992 Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Although I think it has already been described as impracticable on here, I hoped the DLR could be extended from Bank to Waterloo, taking over the W&C Line.

That would be a bit pointless - it would just be a (longer) duplication of the Jubilee Line!

Plus, I think it would be one tight/sharply graded curve to join the two tunnels together (without taking out the Northern Line, which lies directly above the DLR at Bank).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clip

Established Member
That would be a bit pointless - it would just be a (longer) duplication of the Jubilee Line!

Plus, I think it would be one tight/sharply graded curve to join the two tunnels together (without taking out the Northern Line, which lies directly above the DLR at Bank).

Ill repost this as it gives a good idea of the layout of bank in colour to understand it better
ltmonu.jpg

And theres no plans within DLR to ever do this as its just not worth the time effort and costs when there are other better projects in the pipeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.