• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WCML 87 bash! not 100% smooth ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascot

Established Member
Right they said it has been cancelled and they are sending me a letter to confirm it.

They also said the ticket was invalid just the fares manual was mis printed and made the whole system go to say it was valid, they also said that this was not my problem and they are cancelling the fare but are going to change the fares manual as soon as poss.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

metrocammel

Right they said it has been cancelled and they are sending me a letter to confirm it.

They also said the ticket was invalid just the fares manual was mis printed and made the whole system go to say it was valid, they also said that this was not my problem and they are cancelling the fare but are going to change the fares manual as soon as poss.

I suppose you have hi-lighted the loophole then, and VT have admitted it!.....
But I suppose it has come out in your favour, though no one else can now use this method ;).......

theblackwatch

Established Member
You should press them for a proper apology (if they do not do so in the letter) and some compensation for the stress and upset this has caused you, along with the time you have had to waste dealing with it.

Jim

Established Member
There may be a case for stress, talk to someone with some more knowledge of the law, you may get some compo!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator

Wrong! It WAS valid, what they mean is that they did not INTEND it to be valid, which is totally and utterly irrelevant, and is THEIR problem.

Don't let them fob you off, get a proper apology, no "buts" about it.

Obviously it's great news that they have finally stopped demanding payment from you, but they treated you disgracefully and it needs to be addressed.

I suppose you have hi-lighted the loophole then, and VT have admitted it!.....
But I suppose it has come out in your favour, though no one else can now use this method ;).......
Actually they can...until the next NFM revision.

Ascot

Established Member
Well i just got to wait a few days for a letter to come through then i will ask for me goodie bag.

Ascot

Established Member
Ladies and Gentlemen, i would like to announce the end of this

After this i got a £15 Rail Voucher in compensation valid for 12 months. Hardly much but i'm glad it's over.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Ladies and Gentlemen, i would like to announce the end of this

After this i got a £15 Rail Voucher in compensation valid for 12 months. Hardly much but i'm glad it's over.

In addition to the incorrect fare they tried to issue being not charged, right?

Nick W

Established Member

I doub the whole system reads the fares manual and assume that intelligent operators were involved in the process. Since noneof these spotted it, it must be assumed that they meant it to be valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.