• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WCML Shut

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic2009

Established Member
Shut between oxenholme and penrith north lakes due to person hit by a train, no trains Lancaster - Carlisle , buses Preston - Carlisle

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Motorailments

I saw a Voyager parked just south of Docker from the bus to Kendal at 3.30, driver walking alongside track. Wondered what had happened all the way back to Oxenholme ... where I found out. Sad news :(

Motorailments

Oxenholme evacuated; the train involved is - in the words of the station staff - "to be blunt, a mess."

lifeboat1721

I was at Carlisle and had to travel back to Lancaster on route we Stopped at Penrith and was told to get of and re board the Euston Voyager which was cancelled at carlisle, Pulled into Oxenholme with a Transpennine in the siding and B.T.P. on northern Platform.

Freight heading North but Passengers going by Coach.

Ian

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I was on the 1640 GLC-EUS today, fine until Penrith, where we were then delayed for 15 minutes as 'the driver of the train infront was inspecting the line'.

15 late into PRE, 32 late over Weedon.

TheMysticEgg

Shut between oxenholme and penrith north lakes due to person hit by a train, no trains Lancaster - Carlisle , buses Preston - Carlisle

Just read from an article that investigations are continuing and there are suspicious circumstances :(

My thoughts to families/friends and driver involved.

Motorailments

"Suspicious circumstances" tallies with the rumours that were circulating amongst passengers who left the unit involved at Oxenholme. Reputedly - and I stress that; no official comment has been made - the man was being pursued by police and ran onto the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.