• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WCRC loses judicial review in High Court

Blindtraveler

Established Member
First off, what a lovely end of a-level treat for you and your no doubt lovely girlfriend
I'm so pleased to see this on account of I'm old-fashioned enough to believe that you should treat your partner like the very best of royalty and indeed better. On a more practical note, it's no small wonder you're angry as I would be equally cheesed off with this less than brilliant situation and whilst they will no doubt be a few people along presently to defend some or all of this. It really does in my again tiny and probably over opinionated mind. Just look very much like West coast railway company being greedy so and so's and nothing or no one will change my opinion of that I'm afraid. So you do have my absolute total sympathy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rossco156433

Cancelled due to their failure to install CDL onto their coaching stock. They had years to do it like everyone else did but thought the rules didn't apply to them and made up some figure in the millions to fix the coaches which was complete tripe. They've moved their stock around so that they can continue to run the Jacobite which is an absolute goldmine for them at the expense of their other trips screwing over their own customers for profit. Not only do I now have to try and cancel hotels but I've also got to use the credit they've given me (bought with a voucher) and book another trip with them, buying more hotel rooms and have a 50/50 chance of that one being cancelled too. Me and my girlfriend had been looking forward to this for months as a reward for competing our A-Levels and now it's gone purely because of their own greed and incompetence. Rant over.
Press them to get the voucher refunded. My cancelled Jacobite trip at the start of April was paid for by means of a voucher. I told them i wasn't willing to accept credit as I had zero interest in using any of their other services and the only acceptable resolution would be a full refund. I had to deal with their head office not the booking line, the bookings line couldn't refund the voucher apparently.

They may try and worm their way out of it though saying they need permission from the cardholder who paid for the voucher (in my case my mother) however after arguing that the booking was in my name (through the voucher) and i had already spoken to the cardholder they processed a full refund.

Unsure if off topic but there's a WCRC movement from Carnforth to Yarmouth tomorrow, CDL related perhaps?

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Unsure if off topic but there's a WCRC movement from Carnforth to Yarmouth tomorrow, CDL related perhaps?
No that is the Northern Belle which works a charter from Norwich on Thursday

RJ

Established Member
Cancelled due to their failure to install CDL onto their coaching stock. They had years to do it like everyone else did but thought the rules didn't apply to them and made up some figure in the millions to fix the coaches which was complete tripe. They've moved their stock around so that they can continue to run the Jacobite which is an absolute goldmine for them at the expense of their other trips screwing over their own customers for profit. Not only do I now have to try and cancel hotels but I've also got to use the credit they've given me (bought with a voucher) and book another trip with them, buying more hotel rooms and have a 50/50 chance of that one being cancelled too. Me and my girlfriend had been looking forward to this for months as a reward for competing our A-Levels and now it's gone purely because of their own greed and incompetence. Rant over.

They're a business. They'd sooner hold onto your money than give it back to you. Hopefully you paid with a credit card so you can perform a chargeback for non-supply of service. Or if you paid by bank transfer, contact your bank to get the money pulled back from them. Send the voucher back to them or tell them to cancel it.

WCRC/RTC were very good with refunds when they messed up the Cumbrian winter Express and got me back at Euston at 8am. I doubt they will be that stingy if pressed

Railwaycat

Looks like the afternoon service coaches on the move tomorrow:
So it would appear the pocket's been dipped into (see WCR website).

On Moderation
Looks like the afternoon service coaches on the move tomorrow:
So it would appear the pocket's been dipped into (see WCR website).
What in particular on the website?

BRX

Established Member

The team has done an exceptional job in getting a fleet of carriages refitted so we can start our Jacobite service, although our trains will be slightly shorter, with a reduced capacity due to the small number of available carriages with CDL fitted.

This implies that they've newly installed CDL onto some of their stock but I don't think that's true is it? They have just dug out some more mk2s that already have it fitted.

Railwaycat

This implies that they've newly installed CDL onto some of their stock but I don't think that's true is it? They have just dug out some more mk2s that already have it fitted.
And refurbished them.