• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Weak Ticket Barriers - Midland Mainline / East Midland Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon0844

Veteran Member
I am pretty sure they ARE slower to open, although I will accept that the above explanation sounds plausible.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I think the new CTS gates (although they're not that new anymore, Aylesbury got them before I moved out in 2005) are slower than the older ones, they seem less reluctant to take your ticket in & take longer to read it.

Loughbourogh gateline was installed by CT and not MML for the record.

jon0844

Veteran Member
The paper ticket validators are as slow as the gate opening mechanisms, and at my station there's one gate where I rarely manage to get my ticket through. It's NOT my ticket being worn as it works everything else; just one gate.

There are also a few gates at the new northern ticket hall of King's Cross that can't read my Oyster either (again, same gates every time). Clearly the maker of these gates must be part owned by Bombardier or something.

D9002

Well Dhutch i have had similar problems with these blasted gates. In my case a Leeds which are also glass.

In my case Traveling from manchester to leeds with a bog standard single ticket.

Got to Leeds put my ticket in to get out of the barrier then set off in the expectation that they would open only they didnt. So my chunky frame then hit the barriers and the next thing i know is they disintigrating into bit onto the floor.

Argument then ensues with woman on gates which ends in are you going pay for that, to which i reply no chance. So she then calls 2 nearby BTP officers over. They take my name and address and say someone may be in contact later. Anyway that was over a week ago not herd anything since.

All i can say glass design not clever.

Last edited:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
This situation is getting utterly ridiculous now. Whoever is responsible for upholding the railway group standards should be advised as it is clear they are not being adhered to as it is clear that this design is not only unsafe and failing the TOCs by not working as they should do. If I was a TOC I'd be wanting my money back!

Status
Not open for further replies.