• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Weather disruption (Hurricane Orphelia) 16-17/10/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

cambsy

On Moderation
I have just done London to Vienna by train, Tuesday 17th October, all trains within 2 mins of time, arrived Vienna Hauptbahnhof just 20 secs late, which not bad for good 900 miles or so of train travel, even the tunnel behaved itself, been very sunny and warm in Europe, no sign of any Ophelia problems.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I have just done London to Vienna by train, Tuesday 17th October, all trains within 2 mins of time, arrived Vienna Hauptbahnhof just 20 secs late, which not bad for good 900 miles or so of train travel, even the tunnel behaved itself, been very sunny and warm in Europe, no sign of any Ophelia problems.

I thought the path of that storm after passing the affected area of Scotland, would have crossed the North Sea to the coast of Norway, far to the north of the area you so describe.

Temple Meads

Established Member
Strange skies aside 'Ophelia' was a bit of a non-event in England with Ireland definitely bearing the brunt, though it now appears that 'Storm Brian' is going to hit the UK overnight Friday and through the day on Saturday so let's see how that one pans out...

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I'm just on my way back from Prague with just under 2 hours still to go. The weather has been unseasonably warm there for the last three days, and I did wonder if this mini heatwave was a side-effect of what's going on in the Atlantic. I'm no meteorologist though, so if I'm barking up the wrong tree that's no surprise!

Quakkerillo

I'm just on my way back from Prague with just under 2 hours still to go. The weather has been unseasonably warm there for the last three days, and I did wonder if this mini heatwave was a side-effect of what's going on in the Atlantic. I'm no meteorologist though, so if I'm barking up the wrong tree that's no surprise!

It is related. Due to the counterclockwise rotation of the then-hurricane and its path, it's been dragging and pulling warm heat to the east of it all the way from Northern Africa to Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.