• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Weekender London Travelcard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_jarhead

I seem to remember that Thameslinks and/or Southern offered a Weekender London Travelcard which allow you to travel off-peak on a Friday and return on a Saturday or travel on a Saturday and return on Sunday.

Southeastern do seem to offer a weekender ticket but it seems only to apply to tickets to London Terminals

https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/tickets/ways-to-save/weekender
Weekender
Terms & Conditions

Availability
You can buy tickets in advance or immediately before travel. They are available from our ticket offices, online or from our ticket vending machines.
Check your journey to see if the Weekender ticket is available.

Discounts
GroupSave discounts are not available with the Weekender.
When and where the ticket can be used
Weekenders are available for First Class and Standard Class travel. Outward travel is valid Fridays after 9.30am or Saturdays on any train but you can't break your journey on route.

For return travel, your ticket is valid on any train on Saturdays or Sundays and must be completed within three days of the outward travel. You can break your journey on your return journey.

Not valid for journeys wholly within the London Zones 1-6 area.

All the other usual terms and conditions apply. See www.nationalrail.co.uk/nrcoc.

Did this really exist or did I imagine it? I can't find anything about such a ticket on either website or anything historical to that effect.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Failed Unit

Established Member
I remember using one that was valid Saturday and Sunday circa 2000. Don’t know when they stopped selling it. Gut feeling around simplification.

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I remember using one that was valid Saturday and Sunday circa 2000. Don’t know when they stopped selling it. Gut feeling around simplification.

I think it was shortly after the franchise changed hands from First to Govia - certainly they were available in the later years of FCC holding the franchise.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
As far as I know, the only remaining Weekend Travelcards are from Chiltern's "Met Line" stations (Great Missenden to Aylesbury Vale Parkway).

There are no Railcard or GroupSave discounts on them, but there is a non-standard 20% discount for two people travelling together.

Valid on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.