• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Well done TOC's & network Rail

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
Apart from disruption for big drifts, the railway has coped well, except from Southeastern which in places grinded to a halt - unlike other 3rd rail operators.

For the simple reason that the de-icer applied on Sat was was washed off overnight by rain and possessions taken prevented further de-icing runs after the temperature dropped.......

Not that this did not happen in 1963.

Overall - the media has had little to report on rail failings -much due, as ever to operating and mtc staff on the ground.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Had my 'Birthday Treat' on Saturday, from 08.44 Royston to Kings Cross (FCC), dead on time. Kings Cross to York (East Coast) on the 09.00 HST, than back from York to Kings Cross (East Coast) on the 14.29 Electra and finally home on the 16.52 to Royston (FCC).

Every service on time despite the weather and such brilliant driving on all services also the train managers (East Coast) who were so helpful to the passengers. The driver on the 16.52 FCC service even explained to all the passengers why he was having to test the brakes every few minutes to clear snow from them.

Just want to say thank you to all the staff concerned who I would have come in contact with for helping me to have such a great birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.