• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Country Independents

Yes, you need an Operators License for hire and reward

.... but if "I" wanted to just drive a bus round complete with livery and destination blind etc- but never actually pick any passengers up........

.... not that i'm suggesting this is what the person is actually doing ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
.... but if "I" wanted to just drive a bus round complete with livery and destination blind etc- but never actually pick any passengers up........

.... not that i'm suggesting this is what the person is actually doing ;)

If you're saying, for instance, that someone could play at buses but not actually operate for hire and reward...... Well, that could happen though I can't understand why anyone would ;)

Mr Manager

Correct me if i am wrong. But i remember a certain actor called Richard Griffiths starring in a tv series similar to the city fox service and its existence . If no one gets the clue by Christmas day i will reveal all :D

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Bit out of area but noticed that Faresaver continue to update their fleet. Now have two new e200s (SN65OFN/OFP) working.

Dare I say it, a bit more impressive than First's offering on the 272 of 66942, which is looking like a bus that's not seen new paint since it left Ballymena!

THarris123

Established Member
Bit out of area but noticed that Faresaver continue to update their fleet. Now have two new e200s (SN65OFN/OFP) working.

Dare I say it, a bit more impressive than First's offering on the 272 of 66942, which is looking like a bus that's not seen new paint since it left Ballymena!

That's fairly rare for 66942 to be on 272 - it's usually stuck on the 5.

Are we sure they're new? This is faresaver were talking about here - I think they're old buses but with private number plates. I would have thought they would have got MMCs if they were new?

winston270twm

Established Member

Are we sure they're new? This is faresaver were talking about here - I think they're old buses but with private number plates. I would have thought they would have got MMCs if they were new?

ADL are still building new Euro 5 E200's mainly as dealer stock / which smaller independents are still taking

Robertj21a

On Moderation

How can they be old buses if they have 65-registrations ?

carlberry

Established Member

They've had them for a while (Photo from late October below). SN65OFP isnt a private plate (and even if it was it cant be put onto a vehicle older than Sep 2015)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/133105264@N05/22421429840

THarris123

Established Member
How can they be old buses if they have 65-registrations ?

I only said they were old because I didn't realise they were still making them - and also the interiors and cleanliness looks like its old. But I guess that's Faresaver - not the cleanest of buses (but cleaner than the 376 Streetdecks!!! - they still haven't got the new washer).

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
I only said they were old because I didn't realise they were still making them - and also the interiors and cleanliness looks like its old. But I guess that's Faresaver - not the cleanest of buses (but cleaner than the 376 Streetdecks!!! - they still haven't got the new washer).

May have been dealer stock. The last Leyland Olympians were built in early 1993 but United, Keighley & District and Sheffield Omnibus weren't registered til later as they were dealer stock. Hence they were L regs whilst the first Volvo ones were K regs!

They have a power wash for the Streetdecks as I saw one being cleaned on Saturday

Marc

i see that everyones favorite imaginary bus operator - cityfox - have decided they will be running a bus service to rookary farm on boxing day.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
i see that everyones favorite imaginary bus operator - cityfox - have decided they will be running a bus service to rookary farm on boxing day.

Sadly, I won't be around on Boxing Day but hopefully someone can report on its operation

In other news, saw E200 YX12FRC on trade plates on the M4. Formerly with Mid Wales, now in overall white and heading for Ensign??

carlberry

Established Member

A bit short notice for a VOSA application surely?

KernowFox

A bit short notice for a VOSA application surely?

There's an event in Whitchurch on Boxing Day. We are running the service for free, along side our taxis and are not receiving any revenue or gain. So it doesn't need to be registered.

Andy

THarris123

Established Member
There's an event in Whitchurch on Boxing Day. We are running the service for free, along side our taxis and are not receiving any revenue or gain. So it doesn't need to be registered.

Andy

How many buses have you got in Bristol now? Are there any plans to start up any services in Bristol or are you just doing one offs and private stuff?

KernowFox

How many buses have you got in Bristol now? Are there any plans to start up any services in Bristol or are you just doing one offs and private stuff?

We have been approached by the Local Authority and University of Bristol about providing a new service, we are working with Rubicon Classic Enterprises so registering wouldn't be a problem. It's more ensuring what we do is going to work. We want to get things right. We have increased our presence in the area by purchasing more taxis and we have acquired a taxi business on Gloucester Road. We plan to focus on bus operations in 2016.

THarris123

Established Member
We have been approached by the Local Authority and University of Bristol about providing a new service, we are working with Rubicon Classic Enterprises so registering wouldn't be a problem. It's more ensuring what we do is going to work. We want to get things right. We have increased our presence in the area by purchasing more taxis and we have acquired a taxi business on Gloucester Road. We plan to focus on bus operations in 2016.

Ooh interesting. Obviously UoB are getting fed up with Wessex. I did see a new open top tour service starting in February in Bristol under Rubicon - is that service something to do with you?

carlberry

Established Member
I did see a new open top tour service starting in February in Bristol under Rubicon - is that service something to do with you?

That's the usual open top service that Rubicon have been operating for the last 8 years. (And under a different name for many years before that).

Marc

Crossville are advertising that they will be running extra 103 joruneys between asda and town numbered x3 from 11 th januery. this was apparently granted short notice registrtion on 29th december - how can this be short ntoice when it is competative against first?

THarris123

Established Member
Crossville are advertising that they will be running extra 103 joruneys between asda and town numbered x3 from 11 th januery. this was apparently granted short notice registrtion on 29th december - how can this be short ntoice when it is competative against first?

Makes you wonder what First are planning.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Question - do we know if Abus' T reg Dart on 52 is DDA compliant? It's still operating that route at the moment.

Colly405

ttp://www.wessexbus.com/news/NewSevernNetFlyerservice_433.html

Started today, publicised on Wessex's site tonight.
Presumably workers on the area have been advised by their employers?

See also www.severnnet.org

THarris123

Established Member
It's not exactly a competing service really - I don't think First will be looking to change the 3 just yet!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Got to say though that I like the website - very user friendly