• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West midlands day ranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hstmatt

Hello because am off school tommorow with a inset day am planning on going on a west midland day ranger.I am starting in liverpool but i need to go to crewe to start the ranger.Will i be allowed to buy the ticket im lime street. Also can go on hsts and loco hauld stock on the ranger as i want to window hang. :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
You should be fine buying it at LIV.

Check my thread in Traction & Rolling Stock for XC HST and Chiltern loco hauled times.

ChampsRacing

You can buy the West Midlands Day Ranger anywhere with a ticket office, i got mine from Clapham Junction friday night for last weekend :D

bb66001

Hi, got mine yesterday from Exeter Central for next Monday.
Could anyone please tell me the best place to get 66/4s & 66/7s.
Times, stations would be fantastic.
Coming up from Devon, and I am around Monday and Tuesday up until 17.30.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

island

Veteran Member
You can buy the West Midlands Day Ranger anywhere with a ticket office, i got mine from Clapham Junction friday night for last weekend :D

As long as the clerk either knows how to issue it or is willing to let you explain it to them. Several clerks will just say "we don't do those here", "you must get it within the area", etc. etc.

All rovers & rangers should be available anywhere. Ive got rovers at Harrogate alot over the last couple of years, and they are very quick to issue them too. Rovers I have got there over the last year include a Heart of England & a Freedom Of Scotland. So that throws their reason of 'must buy it within area' straight out the window.

island

Veteran Member
All rovers & rangers should be available anywhere. Ive got rovers at Harrogate alot over the last couple of years, and they are very quick to issue them too. Rovers I have got there over the last year include a Heart of England & a Freedom Of Scotland. So that throws their reason of 'must buy it within area' straight out the window.

Your post is true within limits. There are certain rangers and rovers that must be issued on dedicated stock or sealed into a laminated wallet, although none of those mentioned in this thread are included in that definition.

Your post is true within limits. There are certain rangers and rovers that must be issued on dedicated stock or sealed into a laminated wallet, although none of those mentioned in this thread are included in that definition.

Aye, I agree with you on that. I expect certain regional PTE day tickets will be resricted to where they can be bought. Like I would expect to stuggle to get a WYPTE day rover outside West Yorkshire & have their own tickets. And Derbyshire Wayfarers issued in a sealed card.

Status
Not open for further replies.