• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West midlands day ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanf

How much are these please? I thought they were a few quid but last night the only one i found was £20 a day

Alan

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Yes that's correct

£40 Family - 1 or 2 adults+up to 4 children
£20 Adult
£13.70 for holders on Senior, Disabled and 16-25 railcards
£10.00 Children

Although may go up on 2nd Jan.

Established Member
Perhaps you were getting it confused with a nNetwork Daytripper which covers a smaller area and costs a less than a West Midlands Day Ranger at £5.50 Pre-January 2nd 2012, not sure what the increased price will be from 2nd January. The map is here http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/web/FILES/NWMzonalcurves.pdf. There are also two add-ons available :

Landywood-Rugeley Trent Valley £1.00 Extra
Stratford-upon-Avon, Kidderminster, Leamington Spa, Lichfield and Warwick. Does not cover travel on the Coventry to Leamington Spa train line. £1.80 Extra

As mentioned the West Midlands Day Ranger is £20.00 Adult until it rises to £21.60 tomorrow.

alanf

In a nutshell my mate who must have health issues (he goes allover the country to watch Hartlepool)and i are wanting to come down in March so he can go to Walsall for the match and we can spot a bit before and after. We need to be at New Street and be able to go to Tyseley. We are thinking of driving to Walsall and trains from there unless anyone has any better ideas. Thanks for the quick replies so far

Alan

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Walsall-Tyseley CDR is £3.40 at current prices each, and allows you to break journey at Duddeston.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Walsall-Tyseley CDR is £3.40 at current prices each, and allows you to break journey at Duddeston.

The prices go up tonight so this isn't much help ;) This goes up to £3.60, if either of you hold railcards then let us know and we can advise further :smile:

dvboy

Established Member
Perhaps you were getting it confused with a nNetwork Daytripper which covers a smaller area and costs a less than a West Midlands Day Ranger at £5.50 Pre-January 2nd 2012, not sure what the increased price will be from 2nd January. The map is here http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/web/FILES/NWMzonalcurves.pdf. There are also two add-ons available :

Landywood-Rugeley Trent Valley £1.00 Extra
Stratford-upon-Avon, Kidderminster, Leamington Spa, Lichfield and Warwick. Does not cover travel on the Coventry to Leamington Spa train line. £1.80 Extra

As mentioned the West Midlands Day Ranger is £20.00 Adult until it rises to £21.60 tomorrow.

As far as I can see, NWM fares aren't changing.

NXWM bus fares are, which makes the NX Daysaver now the same price as the multi-operator nBus ticket.

Harbon 1

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I was wondering if the west midlands day ranger is valid on Chiltern Mainline services from Moor Street to Leamington Spa? E.g on the 1555 Silver Train?

Cheers,
Matt

headshot119

Established Member
Yes it is, but only in standard class, an upgrade would have to be paid if you wanted to use business zone.

96tommy

I am getting a West Midlands Day Ranger tomorrow, do you just go to any ticket office to get one?

Status
Not open for further replies.