• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Midlands Daytripper Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Established Member
Woke up at 0530 to make some FOOD before doing some "body Chores :lol: " leaving at 0604 to catch the 0618, formed of a black brick 302. Get in to Bristol TM bang on time so I can go and sit in the FC lounge for 45 mins, which was nice, before boarding a Voyager in FC to Birmingham New St. Ascot was waiting for my pile of shi* (220XXX) to arrive, so we met up & went to buy a WM Day Rover, go in to the travel centre & they tell us to go to the proper ticket office *sigh*

So, about 1005 turns & Andrew May wanders up, followed by Matt who had come in on a Pendo, then T52 & Alistertrainfanman. 1030 turns after lineing up on the start line looking like total lunitics & we go, both Me & Ascot as well as Matt & Andrew head for the 1035 X-city North towards Blake St, but in the X-city fashion, there is a problem, signalling at Aston Box (not affercting Walsall though). We were told it would not go anywhere for a while so me & Ascot went to get the 1042 Walsall. The anouncers comes along & tells us the 1035 will be the next train, so we run back in readiness, just to see Matt & Andrew back on it, eventually they canx it, so we get chucked on the 1105, but then the driver tells us that he will not be going anywhere & didn;t know why we were sent over. So, we (Me & Ascot) then take the 1118? to Walsaw where we visit Mr Sizler a VERY CHEEP & NOT DODGEY burger van, 80p for a cheese burger the size of a Mc Shi*Donalds. So, after that pop over to Wolverhampton before doing the Metro to Snow Hill & a 150 to Dorridge, after that a nice 168 bash to Lemington.

Went on the hunt for a chippy but failed, well, we found it & it said open but the door was locked & the guy told us to come back later. We of course got bussed to Coventry to take a 350 to International, where we bashed skyrail, before taking a 323 to BNS, here we got a 323 to Lingbridge with a cra* guard, will go in to that when I can be bothered!

More later

Status
Not open for further replies.