• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Westbury simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johncleesefan

Hello,
Is there a train simulator game that feature westbury routes on it,
Ie Portsmouth, Weymouth or Cardiff?

preferably on PS4/5 or if not, PC

cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter C

Established Member
I'm not 100% sure if these would have what you want, but Train Simulator 2021 - available for PCs only - has the following routes available:

And TS2021 can be purchased here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/Train_Simulator_2021/

There's also Train Sim World 2, which is available on PS4/PS5, as well as PCs - but to my knowledge, there aren't any relevant routes available for it:

Hope this helps,

-Peter

Johncleesefan

Nice one thanks,
That definitely helps, il do a little more research but that “just trains western mainlines” might be just the tickets.

Aictos

Established Member
Btw you can also try signalling the area too as SimSig have released Westbury so you get to see the point of view from the signaller and LL that entails.

Johncleesefan

Thanks,

quick question, will I need a desktop to run these games, I only have laptop currently haha

CC 72100

Established Member
SouthWestern Expressways will cover Bristol - Castle Cary (via Bathampton)

Western Mainlines will cover Bristol - Swindon, Bristol - Exeter (via Weston/Taunton) and Bristol - Bristol Parkway/Cardiff.

Nothing (currently) for Castle Cary - Weymouth.

The good news is that a class 165/166 comes with the base game so you could happily drive one on one of the add-on routes mentioned above in a 'quick drive' scenario.

The bad news is that it's an ancient model (and there is no enhancement pack produced by 3rd party developers like there have been with other models) featuring very very slow acceleration and the braking isn't the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.