• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What are the rules regarding sand use/sandite signage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kieranhendy

What is the useage of sand signs? It was previously my thinking that the sandite termination signs were used when drivers shouldn't use the sand button but after a bit of research recently it seems that the signs are actually only used by special sandite trains? What are the rules regarding sand use and the sandite signage? Thank you!
1617395141098.png

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Eccles1983

On Moderation
There is no rules for drivers to use sand. And to be fair, if I needed to use sand then no sign or symbol is going to stop me, as the risk of spad/collision/overun is higher than a slap on the wrists for disobeying a mythical rule.

There are rules regarding one shot sanders, and specific traction on certain routes, but these relate to actions after use.

Its a sandite countdown marker for the treatment train. However, they are redundant now as treatment train has set areas dependant on the leaf fall conference held during leaf fall in the afternoon.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Its a sandite countdown marker for the treatment train. However, they are redundant now as treatment train has set areas dependant on the leaf fall conference held during leaf fall in the afternoon.
They seem to be removing them now, two that were there a few years ago aren't now

Status
Not open for further replies.