• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What could possibly go wrong….?

dangie

Established Member
Eight of us are going out on a round the town stag night.
The groom plus one other are in their early 40’s.
The rest of us are in their late 60’s early 70’s.
I have a feeling that most of us oldies may after a few sherbets will revert back to our younger days.

What could possibly go wrong…..??

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

brad465

Established Member
They could create a sequel to this memorable New Year image from Manchester 8 years ago:

607.jpg

(Image from Manchester of police apprehending someone and a man laying across the road with a drink with onlookers).

DerekC

Established Member
A friend of mine at the end of his London stag night (we couldn't afford hotels in those days) was aiming for Watford Junction but was poured, accidentally on purpose, onto an overnight service from Euston. Fortunately he was spotted by the guard who threw him out at Crewe. He managed to get back in time for the wedding!

Howardh

Established Member
Worst case senario; you end up in a pub with loud karaoke. That would be the point I left the stag do!!

dangie

Established Member
You all end up in different pubs,having forgotten which one you were going to next.
That is quite likely :)

I should point out that one of the elderly participants is a retired doctor. I don’t know whether that will be a blessing or a curse. In fact it is his son who is the groom.

GRALISTAIR

Established Member
A friend of mine at the end of his London stag night (we couldn't afford hotels in those days) was aiming for Watford Junction but was poured, accidentally on purpose, onto an overnight service from Euston. Fortunately he was spotted by the guard who threw him out at Crewe. He managed to get back in time for the wedding!
They tried that on me at Preston station in October 1980 on my stag night. They tried to put me on The Royal Highlander hoping I would wake up in Inverness!

Welshman

Established Member
Eight of us are going out on a round the town stag you oldies wilnight.
The groom plus one other are in their early 40’s.
The rest of us are in their late 60’s early 70’s.
I have a feeling that most of us oldies may after a few sherbets will revert back to our younger days.

What could possibly go wrong…..??
After a few sherbets most of you oldies will probably get left behind as you look for a loo.

cockneyviking

You find out that shillings and crowns are not legal tender anymore only kidding, just enjoy the night

Busaholic

Veteran Member
They tried that on me at Preston station in October 1980 on my stag night. They tried to put me on The Royal Highlander hoping I would wake up in Inverness!
My wedding night was spent on Preston railway station waiting for a Euston train that eventually arrived five hours late!

dangie

Established Member
Today is the day of the Stag Do.
We are meeting at our local micro pub at 2pm
Taxi at 3pm to Uttoxeter. This may not sound very exciting but believe me, when you live in Rugeley it is exciting.
Around various watering holes.
Taxi back to Rugeley at 7.30pm
Tables booked for 8pm at Indian Restaurant
Who knows after that.......

dangie

Established Member
Hello. Made it home safe & sound.
Met in our local micro pub. I played it safe and just had a can of alcohol free beer before our minibus journey to Uttoxeter.
Started off at the Uttoxeter Brewery. Nice sunny day so sat outside. Had a couple of excellent Pale Ales.
Then walked to Uttoxeter's micro pub the Horse & Dove. Had a very nice 5.2% IPA. Just the one.
Then to the Vaults. The only beer (not lagers) they had was Bass, so had one pint of that.
Then to the Night Inn Craft Bar & Brewery Tap. Had to sit outside in the shade so a bit cold so just had the one. Can't remember what it was.
Then back to the Horse & Dove for a last one, again the 5.2% IPA
Popped into an Off Licence for beers for the Indian Restaurant as they don't have a drinks licence.
Mini bus back to Rugeley and into the Indian
Had a lovely Chicken Korma plus a 500ml bottle of Tiger Beer
Then into the Vine Inn which is on our way home.
Didn't have a beer but by then it was the Rum & Cokes etc.....

So all in all I think I had six pints in the pubs plus a beer in the Indian. I really can't remember how many Rum & Cokes
However I did walk home ok, only tripping up the kerb once. I didn't get a roasting from the wife so I couldn't have been too bad.
I appreciate my consumption wasn't a great amount, but for a 73 year old who usually has 3/4 pints at the most I think I did pretty well.
... and I do remember most of it.... I think.....

dosbod stuey

On Moderation
In my experience stag dos rarely end up with as many issues as hen dos.

York is a disaster zone on Saturdays thanks to fattooed 40-somethings carrying inflatables around from 10a.m...

Ken X

In my experience stag dos rarely end up with as many issues as hen dos.
The present Mrs X's hen night was spent at The Beehive, Lilliput, Poole. On hearing that they hadn't booked a stripper, one of the local chaps volunteered. Apparently it took a stern talking to by the landlord and threats of dire retribution to convince him it wasn't going to end well. :lol: