• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What day of the week do ScotRail Bargain Berths load?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesontheroad

Established Member
Simple question, really, and it's in the title bar. Looking for a trip from GLC to down south, I know that Bargain Berths open up for another week in the future every week.

But what day of the week (and at what time on that day) does that happen? I seem to remember something about it being Friday morning?

Thank you!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rail-britain

Established Member
Yes, updated every Friday between 11:00 and 15:30
The file has to be compiled by 13:30 at the latest

As far as I am aware this has only lapsed about three times and was then processed the following week on the Wednesday (when national reservations are updated)

jamesontheroad

Established Member
Yes, updated every Friday between 11:00 and 15:30
The file has to be compiled by 13:30 at the latest

As far as I am aware this has only lapsed about three times and was then processed the following week on the Wednesday (when national reservations are updated)

Thank you! I seem to remember finding this out a few years ago and pouncing on an über-rare pair of £19 Euston - Fort Wiliam tickets one Friday morning.

I'll be watching tomorrow :)

rail-britain

Established Member
So how did you get on?
The fourth week of August is selling out well
The Fort William mid-week sold out almost instantly

The allocation for Sundays northbound has been increased
Ironically, Sundays southbound sell better (even with the missing Edinburgh online)

jamesontheroad

Established Member
Didn't make any purchase; at the moment I'm flexible so just watching out for £19 deals for a 'daytrip' to London.

Status
Not open for further replies.