• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What do you make of this logo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
Earlier this week, I was waiting in the reception area of a certain building when my eye suddenly caught sight of this logo (about 1m square in size, 3D plastic/metal construction) dark brown in colour on a white wall. I instantly thought “that’s very like...”

What I thought it was like I shall not reveal for now ;), because I would be interested to know whether the same thought occurs to others.

So fire away, what does it make you think of?

PS: If you happen to work in this building ( a distinct possibility on here), please don’t give away where it is or what the logo is meant to convey.

83F52E4C-B5D2-434A-9D92-F08A73272B1B.jpeg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

edwin_m

Veteran Member
It's not particularly like one on a closer look, but to me the instant impression was of the Nazi swastika. I think something to do with it being black on white and orientated diagonally.

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
It's not particularly like one on a closer look, but to me the instant impression was of the Nazi swastika. I think something to do with it being black on white and orientated diagonally.

That was it. Surely someone must have thought that at the time when they were choosing a logo.

...on my phone (screenshot below).
I opened the thread and was presented with the below image, before scrolling up slightly.
railforums_screenshot.png

transmanche

Established Member
If you're swastika spotting, Upminster Bridge tube station is a good place to start...

Image shows the tiled floor at Upminster Bridge tube station, which incorporates a swastika into the pattern.
Source: Upminster Bridge by Ant Smith, on Flickr

PeterC

Established Member
Yes my first impression was a swastika as well.
Mine too but people perceive images differently. Trying to show my late mother how to use a new phone or TV remote with supposedly "self evident" icons quicklky tautght me that.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The op clesrly thinks it looks like a swastika. It does not, at least not to me

It is a crap logo mind!
It slightly reminds me of a swastika, but it reminds me more of other pointless logos like the silly thing on the side of SWR trains:

7B2CA4CA-D614-432A-9B42-DC5101A6DFEC.png
(Photo shows silly thing on the side of SWR trains)

edwin_m

Veteran Member
When I opened the previous post I saw only the top half of the "silly thing" and wondered why anyone should thing a GWR whistle board was silly.

LOL The Irony

On Moderation
Earlier this week, I was waiting in the reception area of a certain building when my eye suddenly caught sight of this logo (about 1m square in size, 3D plastic/metal construction) dark brown in colour on a white wall. I instantly thought “that’s very like...”

What I thought it was like I shall not reveal for now ;), because I would be interested to know whether the same thought occurs to others.

So fire away, what does it make you think of?

PS: If you happen to work in this building ( a distinct possibility on here), please don’t give away where it is or what the logo is meant to convey.

View attachment 68830
Did someone drop a swastika and forget how to put it back together?

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
It reminds me of a Swastika.

My favourite logo remains the UK Office of Government Commerce. On its own it looks fine:
ogc.jpg

But on, say, a pen...

ogc-logo-192_666388f.jpg

(Both photos show the OGC logo, the second one looks more, erm, onanistic)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It slightly reminds me of a swastika, but it reminds me more of other pointless logos like the silly thing on the side of SWR trains:
That's just part of their route map, don't think it looks silly when you know what it is!

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
That's just part of their route map, don't think it looks silly when you know what it is!
Ok. I didn’t actually realise that, so now I’m looking even sillier.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I certainly thought it looked a bit like a distorted swastika when I first saw the logo, but it's clear that whoever designed it didn't make the connection!

It looks a bit like "G1" - it's it connected with the G1 Group that runs various hostelries across the city?

EDIT: This reminds me of a favourite "Two Ronnies" sketch:

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
It looks a bit like "G1" - it's it connected with the G1 Group that runs various hostelries across the city?

I understand it was intended to convey a G and an H, offset by -45° and +45° from the vertical (hey, I just discovered how to do a degrees sign on an iPhone 8-) ) albeit unsuccessfully it would appear, since no one has worked it out. I only know that because of the name of the building (which I would rather not state).

edwin_m

Veteran Member
Looks like something whoever produced the Change UK logo might have done next. See also the latest logo of consultant Mott MacDonald.

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
The trouble is, once you start seeing these things, no matter how tenuous or unintentional a resemblance, it’s difficult to stop:

5A63717F-E0B0-4E53-A310-C6CBB8F503AF.jpeg

I think I’ll keep them to myself in future.

Bevan Price

Established Member
My initial impression was of a distorted swastika. A closer look showed that it was not a swastika, just some meaningless logo, probably originating from some design consultant.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Is it even a logo? It looks to me like glass panels being placed on a screen type wall, although not in any apparent logical order.

Status
Not open for further replies.