• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What Happened to TPE's 350403?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Esker-pades

Established Member
It was involved with an incident with some horses. The horses lost the argument, but 350403 sustained quite a bit of damage. It is now in Wolverton, with the driving car that collided with the horses to go to Germany for repair.

(My sources are other posts on this forum, so don't shoot* me if the information is wrong!)
*Figure of speech. Don't phone the police.

Established Member
Yes. It was involved in a collision with 2 horses last year, hasn't worked for TPE since and isn't expected to do so ever again.

James Kevill

It was involved with an incident with some horses. The horses lost the argument, but 350403 sustained quite a bit of damage. It is now in Wolverton, with the driving car that collided with the horses to go to Germany for repair.

(My sources are other posts on this forum, so don't shoot* me if the information is wrong!)
I'm glad the unit hasn't written off. And It's still being repaired

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Which is why TPE can't run any 8-car Anglo-Scottish services right now

James Kevill

Yes. It was involved in a collision with 2 horses last year, hasn't worked for TPE since and isn't expected to do so ever again.
I looked on flicker and it appears the TPE Vinyls are removed from 350403, so I presume that it won't be going back to TransPennine Express now, and it's clear to me that it will be transferred to London Northwestern Railway, and the 9 350/4 Desiros will be going as well after the 12 Class 397 Civity trains enter the services this Autumn and replaces them.

All in Wolverton as far as I'm aware.

Tom Clarke

I imagine that, after sustaining damage, 350403 will now stay out of service at Wolverton until all 12 of TPEs new 397s are in service, then I presume it will be cascaded to West Midlands along with the rest of the 350/4 fleet once it has been repaired.

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
According to the staff conference held on Friday gone 403 will be back imminently but will be swapped for one of the other units to transfer to LNWR

EE Andy b1

Established Member
There not going to change the seating layout are they from 350/4s?
Probably the best seating setup on any 350.

James Kevill

you think it'll go into service unbranded or the tpe vinyl back on it?
No I don't think I'll be revinyled as it would be leaving TPE for LNR for corrosion repairs and It'll be repainted into light grey with dark green doors and then revinyled into LNR at Long Marston.

E6007

Why would it need remembering? The layout of the /4 units is very similar to the existing lnwr/3 units
It doesn't need renumbering. But then why do the /2s start at 231 and the /3s at 368? On that basis the /4s should be 478-487!

Status
Not open for further replies.