• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What is a 'robot'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDi

On Moderation
I looked to see how many members are currently online on the forums (under the members online list).

It currently says: Total: 525 (members: 110, guests: 308, robots: 107)

What does it mean by a 'robot'?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Domh245

Established Member
They're devices used by search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc) which index the forum so that it can be searched through those search engines

ComUtoR

Established Member
Damn. I thought this was gonna be an interesting thread :/

However,

Ex Machina is on CH4 tonight 2100.

Bromley boy

Established Member
They're devices used by search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc) which index the forum so that it can be searched through those search engines

Searching via Google is usually more effective than searching via forum's own search function, in my experience.

ComUtoR

Established Member
What a rubbish film that is, no action, boring as hell.

Its a thought provoking look into AI. Not sure it needs the pew pew boooom kapaow Arrgghhh blamo Smash Kerpow swooosh of a modern day classic

Railops

Its a thought provoking look into AI. Not sure it needs the pew pew boooom kapaow Arrgghhh blamo Smash Kerpow swooosh of a modern day classic

Well I have seen it and it didn't provoke any thoughts in me except wishing it would end very quickly.

Bromley boy

Established Member
A traffic light in South Africa.

Indeed.

I remember a Hertz rep instructing me to “turn left at the robot”, when picking up a hire car in Johannesburg, and thinking I must be hearings things/delirious after the 10 hour flight!

fowler9

Established Member
Indeed.

I remember a Hertz rep instructing me to “turn left at the robot”, when picking up a hire car in Johannesburg, and thinking I must be hearings things/delirious after the 10 hour flight!
Ha ha. Yeah, one of my best mates has family in Joburg. Boss chatting to them about all the weird little differences.

fowler9

Established Member
In your opinion, I found it utterly tedious, the sort of film that appeals to a certain demographic of the population.
Yeah, and in your opinion it was tedious. In my opinion you should stick to Transformers.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Seeing as there are almost as many robots as members: I, for one, welcome our new mechanical overlords.

“Machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines, you are not cattle, you are men! You have the love of humanity in your hearts"

BanburyBlue

I thought Robots were those people on this forum who think HSTs are the answer to everything? (Joke)

Pinza-C55

terminator-genisys-endoskeleton-sixth-scale-hot-toys-feature-902662.jpg

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Hmmmm, now that's a challenge!

*thinks*

Anyone here not like Love Actually?
It's okay I guess, but despite the handful of witty, well-observed jokes (Bill Nighy's Christmas song for example) it's very much a schmaltzy festive cash generator. The world would be no worse off if that film didn't exist.

So, whilst I don't hate it and might even raise a chuckle at it, I wouldn't say I liked it.

Pinza-C55

A Robot is an archaic term generally taken to mean a radio controlled machine able to move about and perform some useful function normally done by humans.
A Cyborg is a humanoid organism composed partly of Organic and partly Machine parts.
An Android has a humanoid body plan or appearance but is composed of wholly Inorganic parts.
So the CSM 101 Terminator is a Cyborg but the T1000 is an Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.