• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What is this train from Mossend Down Yard to Birmingham International?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:C02374/2021-06-27/detailed

1M04 1716 Mossend Down Yard to Birmingham International​

• UID C02374, identity 1M04
    TSC 59950001
  • SuO - 27/06/2021 to 05/12/2021
  • Parcels
  • Great Britain (Network Rail, TPS)

• Pathed as Class 321 EMU
    Planned for 100mph max
Well where to begin? Parcels with a 321?

If anyone can tell me what this is that would be appreciated, I'd assume it's a ROG Orion test run but ATOC code is "MV", an ATOC code I've never come across. Any and all gen is appreciated, whether it be the unit class (I'm thinking 319) allocated, or if it is indeed Orion, or whatever MV is, it's all appreciated. Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:C02374/2021-06-27/detailed
Well where to begin? Parcels with a 321?

If anyone can tell me what this is that would be appreciated, I'd assume it's a ROG Orion test run but ATOC code is "MV", an ATOC code I've never come across. Any and all gen is appreciated, whether it be the unit class (I'm thinking 319) allocated, or if it is indeed Orion, or whatever MV is, it's all appreciated. Thanks in advance
Pretty sure that's a ROG Orion run. 321 is just the timing load, it's not what is diagrammed.

Highlandspring

Established Member
'MV' is apparently Varamis Rail whoever that is. The business sector/subsector is 99/99 which is undefined and Train Service Code is down as 59950001 which doesn't seem to exist on the system. All very mysterious.

'MV' is apparently Varamis Rail whoever that is. The business sector/subsector is 99/99 which is undefined and Train Service Code is down as 59950001 which doesn't seem to exist on the system. All very mysterious.
Oooo, now this one I know. Varamis rail were a recent startup rail parcels company, originally designed to run between Newcastle, Doncaster, and possibly London, using 365s. They made a grand thing of it about a year back, then as Orion gen came out they went quiet. Not bothered to look into them much, as my interest in high speed logistics has been perfectly satisfied by Orion, who seem alot more exciting. But who knows...

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I'd hazard a guess this run will be 319 373, which is already in Orion livery and with a parcels interior.

Varamis Rail's HQ is in Birmingham, the destination of the run is... Birmingham International.

From that, I deduce that this is a demonstration and proving run.

I'd hazard a guess this run will be 319 373, which is already in Orion livery and with a parcels interior.

Varamis Rail's HQ is in Birmingham, the destination of the run is... Birmingham International.

Maybe I'm asking a rather dim question here, but why would an Orion unit be running a Varamis Rail run? Surely these two are rivals in the rail logistics world, unless these two are linked in some way I'm not yet aware of? Thanks anyway though :)

Bertie the bus

Established Member
It isn't a demonstration run. It is in the WTT and the path is every Sunday from 27/06 to the end of the timetable period. There is also a M-F daily path from next Monday.

My guess is it is just a path and nothing will run.

The Planner

Veteran Member
Has to go into P1 at International too so it can load/unload at the old Red Star bit.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Maybe I'm asking a rather dim question here, but why would an Orion unit be running a Varamis Rail run? Surely these two are rivals in the rail logistics world, unless these two are linked in some way I'm not yet aware of? Thanks anyway though :)
I was under the impression that they were partnering, not rivals?

Status
Not open for further replies.