• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What is your longest awake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
Well, they're idiots. I had cruise control on at 65mph and I don't speed.
Cruise control only regulates the speed component of your velocity vector, it does nothing for direction. 65mph into a bridge abutment is just as likely to kill you.

EM2

Established Member
Cruise control only regulates the speed component of your velocity vector, it does nothing for direction. 65mph into a bridge abutment is just as likely to kill you.
*SIGH*
I am well aware of that. I am also well aware that some people would not be able to do what I did.
I know when I am tired and need to rest or sleep. I get cranky and short-tempered. I get headaches. A muscle above my right eye starts twitching.
None of this happened at all while I was awake for that length of time.
Again, this is not something I do on a regular basis, but did once. I had plenty to eat, plenty to drink and plenty of breaks.

fowler9

Established Member
*SIGH*
I am well aware of that. I am also well aware that some people would not be able to do what I did.
I know when I am tired and need to rest or sleep. I get cranky and short-tempered. I get headaches. A muscle above my right eye starts twitching.
None of this happened at all while I was awake for that length of time.
Again, this is not something I do on a regular basis, but did once. I had plenty to eat, plenty to drink and plenty of breaks.

To be fair mate poor judgment would also be a result of tiredness. You wouldn't know you had made a poor judgment call because you were tired. I have been sat net to someone that fell asleep at the wheel and I only realised when we cruised past our motorway exit. He begged me not to tell the guys in the back he had dosed off and I didn't. I made him have a sleep before we moved on from the next service station though. I blagged the others that the reason we missed the exit was my map reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.