• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What Station Is This?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

me123

Established Member
Not that station, no.

Clue 3: It was built as an extension to an existing rail service. The extension allowed the trains to serve two additional stations: this one and another one that was already in place...

me123

Established Member
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo..........................

EDIT: OK, I seem to have foxed you all, here's another clue.

The station to the West begins with an A and has three platforms; The Station to the East begins with an M and has two.

In Summary:

The Photo is taken Facing East, and the line is turning off in a North-Easterly Direction but not necesarily to the North East.
The station and line opened in 2005
The Station to the West begins with an A and has three platforms.
The Station to the East begins with an M and has two platforms.

Last edited:

me123

Established Member
OK, you all seem to have given up on this one :lol: Kelvindale was the answer.

Death

Established Member
Here's an easy, but difficult(!) one to pass the time... <D
Bahnhof.jpg

djw1981

Established Member
Manchester Central Station, now known as GMex?

I know it is not easy. This is one of two current stations in this town, and is near the junction to a freight only branch.

Attachments

• DSC00358.jpg
    DSC00358.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 34

Death

Established Member
Nope...You're completely off track I'm afraid. I'm trying to track down a decent image to give ye a clue as to the station's location...But in the meantime, have a close look at the traffic in the picture. That might give ye a fairly big hint as to where the station may be... ;)

Big Hint edit: These trains call there on a very regular basis, traditionally on the Blue line, but in recent years they've been seen in increasing numbers on the Yellow line as well... ;)
54e99834b4.jpg

Farewell... <D
>> Death <<

Last edited:

djw1981

Established Member
I'm sure foreign stations is cheating ;) It is the Hamburg U-Bahn and I think is hauptbahnhof Sud station

Death

Established Member
I'm sure foreign stations is cheating ;) It is the Hamburg U-Bahn and I think is hauptbahnhof Sud station
Aye, I'll accept that...
The train above is a Hamburg Hochbahn U-Bahn job. (Damn nice and fast they are, too! 8))

The station pictured above is actually Hamburg Hauptbahnhof DB/Fernbahn (Hamburg central mainline stn), and not U Hauptbahnhof Süd, which is actually located beneath the road between Hauptbahnhof and Hamburg ZOB (Bus station). :D

Anyhow...I make that DJW1981CE's turn to post one! <D

Death

Established Member
The Berlin ones are faster, I bet.
I think ye might've posted this reply in the wrong thread mate, but no worries! :smile:

I havn't been to Berlin for almost ten years, and when I was there most of the S-Bahn stock being used was still traditional, wooden-framed trains (I would guess pre-War) that wasn't significantly fast from what I can remember. I did see and ride on some newer S-Bahn rolling stock when I was there, but I think those were exactly the same design as the modern ones used on the Hamburger S-Bahn - Built by AdTranz IIRC. 8)

laseandre

Established Member
No, I didn't post in the wrong thread. ;)

Bombardier have built newer S- and U-Bahn trains for Berlin, and they are really quick off the mark.

me123

Established Member

I know it is not easy. This is one of two current stations in this town, and is near the junction to a freight only branch.

Dunfermline Town?

Status
Not open for further replies.