• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What Station Is This?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

westcoaster

Established Member
g = glasgow just working out the n it night be nielston or newton so on the cathcart circle me thinks

me123

Established Member
Reason I said Westerton is that I can imagine the top of the station fitting in nicely. And 55022 ran a 1Z55 service through that station in 2007.

But I'm sure I've seen that OHLE placement somewhere before...

Westcoaster; OHLE masts up here in the Glasgow have Gx on them. Not an expert, but the ones near me certainly do.

westcoaster

Established Member
g is the main route so it means glasgow so its all the way from euston to glasgow from the pic it is deffo an n just need to find out what it means then we will have the route then find mile 5 and a station

laseandre

Established Member
Isn't on the way to Neilston or Newton. 1Z55 working is, as me123 guessed, the Routes and Branches tour.

me123

Established Member
I'm going to take another wild guess to liven things up...

Hamilton Central?

me123

Established Member
Yay!!! I'll post my next one tomorrow for you all to ponder over; if anyone else wants a go in the meantime, feel free to post!

Death

Established Member
if anyone else wants a go in the meantime, feel free to post!
Thanks...I will! :D:)

Bit of a cunning one, this one...As the shot of the station itself was taken a hundred years ago in 1908CE, and a lot has changed since then. Can any of ye recognise it though? ;)
attachment.php

Helpful Hint: This station nowadays has TRE traction, and mainly sees 450s and 458s passing through. 8)​

If no-one gets this before Me123 comes in with his main one, I'll reveal the answer in my next post. :)

Farewell... <D
>> Death <<

Attachments

• Blast_from_the_Past.jpg
    Blast_from_the_Past.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 69

Death

Established Member
Nope...But ye are still on the right lines at this point. Just make sure ye don't go the wrong way from here! ;)

Me123: Are ye still posting yours? Mine's just a fiendish quickie to fill in the time. :)

me123

Established Member
Yup... got the shot but it'll take a few minutes to post...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
OK, guys. This one's been zoomed in a lot and is therefore rather small; I apologise in advance about the quality. However, it'll make it more of a challenge <D

Simply; I'm on a platform at which station?

image001ci0.jpg

Death

Established Member
^ - LeSeandre: I'm sorry, but ye went down the wrong branch there...The station in question is Camberley, viewed from the south side of the level crossing. :)

As for Me123's one: I havn't got the foggiest idea TBH, but it looks to me like a station (Whose name I can't remember) that's served either by Arriva NW or First TPE, and only has one timetabled service per day! :shock:

me123

Established Member
I'm sorry to say you're both completely wrong! Keep guessing, though.

me123

Established Member
Yes, it is a station; I'm standing on the platform and facing East with the line bearing off to the left to in a North Easterly direction. (That's your first clue ;))

EDIT: No, it's not Melksham I'm afraid.

Last edited:

djw1981

Established Member
Random guess (given the single line, and lack of OHLE) and North East clue - Huntly?

me123

Established Member
Very logical guess, considering I've been talking about the station on another thread, but no. You seem to have misinterpreted my clue, however, so I will reword it. The line is going in a North-Easterly direction, but not necessarily to the North East.

djw1981

Established Member
I was more trying to think of the even slightly urban areas with single track! Having, I think, excluded the Paisley Canal line, how about a leftfield suggestion of stourbridge town

me123

Established Member
No... I think it might be time for another clue... It opened in 2005.

laseandre

Established Member
Larkhall!

Just because you can't see the OHLE doesn't mean it isn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.