• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr W

1) You can get a direct FGW service to Romsey from here
I am on a single line
You cant get a direct train to Bristol Temple Meads from here, however
You will currently see a SWT's 158 serve this station

2) I am served by London Overground
I have a upper and lower level, however, just my upper level has platforms
Both levels have OHE
My lower level sees regular class 92 hauled freight trains

3) I have 5 platforms
I am served by XC and FGW
Just my down platforms are bi-directional
Although I have just 5 platforms, I have a platform nubered 6 bay platform

4) I am served by Merseyrail, ATW and Virgin trains
I have one through line
I have a traincare depot
I am home to a popular zoo

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
1) You can get a direct FGW service to Romsey from here
I am on a single line
You cant get a direct train to Bristol Temple Meads from here, however
You will currently see a SWT's 158 serve this station

The only station that comes to mind would be Chandlers Ford for this one.

johngie

Chester is also served by Northern Rail, a company that runs what must be one of the very few "Parliamentary" trains (Chester-Liverpool via Halton curve)!

2) I am served by London Overground
I have a upper and lower level, however, just my upper level has platforms
Both levels have OHE
My lower level sees regular class 92 hauled freight trains
the only answer I can think of is wielsden Junction, but it has platforms on the lower level, served by London oveground, and london underground

krus_aragon

Established Member
Chester is also served by Northern Rail, a company that runs what must be one of the very few "Parliamentary" trains (Chester-Liverpool via Halton curve)!

Actually it only runs as far as Runcorn, arriving at 0815. No intermediate stops, of course!

Crossover

Established Member
Just a thought, assuming 4 is Chester (it seems like it is), it has more than one through platform - is this different to having one through line - do the numerous through platforms converge into one line in/out of the station?

thefab444

Established Member
1) Chandler's Ford (surely, Liam, Melksham only applies temporarily whilst FGW are hiring a SWT unit?)
2) Willesden Junction (although Caledonian Road & Barnsbury may also be applied, although the ECML is a short distance away from the LO station)
3) Taunton
4) Chester

krus_aragon

Established Member
Just a thought, assuming 4 is Chester (it seems like it is), it has more than one through platform - is this different to having one through line - do the numerous through platforms converge into one line in/out of the station?

I took 'through line' to mean the platformless line between platforms 3 and 4, along which freight trains and ECS workings travel. There are tracks beyond platform 7 that also go 'though', but I always thought of them as sidings.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
I agree with Devon Metro, Melksham.

If you say it is only temporary to have 158s to Melksham, then your answer as Chandlers Ford is also the same matter, as FGW only serve there on diversions.

Crewkerne has no FGW service bar diversions on HSTs
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Number 2, I can only think of Stratford for the LO both levels question,

The LL has been removed though, unsure if the OHLE is actually there or not still?

MCR247

Established Member
I agree with Devon Metro, Melksham.

If you say it is only temporary to have 158s to Melksham, then your answer as Chandlers Ford is also the same matter, as FGW only serve there on diversions.

Crewkerne has no FGW service bar diversions on HSTs
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Number 2, I can only think of Stratford for the LO both levels question,

The LL has been removed though, unsure if the OHLE is actually there or not still?

No, was there today, the LL LO platforms have had the track and everything removed

4SRKT

Established Member
No, was there today, the LL LO platforms have had the track and everything removed

The low level platforms weren't overhead electrics anyway were they? It was on the 3rd rail North Woolwich branch.

It's possibly quite a clever trick question. The high level at Willesden Jn has overhead equipment. However, the low level platforms don't: they are third rail. The adjacent 'low level' WCML is 25 kV, but has no platforms at Willesden Jn. Either that or he's just forgotten that the low level platforms are there, in which case it's just a crap question.

Last edited:

Oswyntail

Established Member
.... Either that or he's just forgotten that the low level platforms are there, in which case it's just a crap question.
Given that there has been no response from OP for a couple of months, I suspect this may be the case :(

Status
Not open for further replies.