• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What was wrong with my Voyager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigVince76

Just before Christmas I took an XC Voyager from Birmingham to Exeter. It was during the bad weather (the 22nd of December). The train left brum a little late and seemed to be working OK. When we got to Bristol Temple Meads an announcement was made saying that the train had developed a fault. We would wait at Bristol for 20 minutes then another train will be attached behind us and this would solve the problem. Sure enough 20 minutes later another unit turns up, takes 3 goes to couple and then we’re off.

My question is simply what could the problem have been? I am just curious would could be helped by attaching another train,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ferret

Established Member
Just before Christmas I took an XC Voyager from Birmingham to Exeter. It was during the bad weather (the 22nd of December). The train left brum a little late and seemed to be working OK. When we got to Bristol Temple Meads an announcement was made saying that the train had developed a fault. We would wait at Bristol for 20 minutes then another train will be attached behind us and this would solve the problem. Sure enough 20 minutes later another unit turns up, takes 3 goes to couple and then we’re off.

My question is simply what could the problem have been? I am just curious would could be helped by attaching another train,

I'm wondering if it was on 2 out of 4 engines, and they needed another unit to give it enough oomph to get over the banks beyond Newton Abbot.

Trainbuff

Yeah. It was either that there was a mecjhanical fault and only running on a couple of engines as has already been noted....or possibly that ther was no Driver to take the set ( or the one behind) forward. Hence coupling them together

mumrar

Established Member
My guess would also be the lack of engines on the train you were on. And by the way........
It was during the bad weather (the 22nd of December)........I am just curious would could be helped by attaching another train,
You need to work on this curiosity thing, it's been 20 days LMAO!

BigVince76

Thanks for the replies. I did not notice any significant performance loss before arriving into Bristol, maybe the train behind had the problem. Anyway thanks for your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.