• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What was your first word?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Penzance is a lovely station and has a real ‘that’s as far as you go’ feel about it.
I also love Kyle of Lochalsh, and Paddington.
Probably my favourite station anywhere though is Dawlish. I said my first word on that station, and I’ve been through or got off more trains there than any other place I reckon. Amazing on a beautiful sunny day, but even more so when there’s a big storm a comin...
Just for interest, what was your first word?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
And mine was ''bus''! (according to family legend) :lol:
I was honestly hoping that it would be. ;)
I guess our ancestors annoyed there mothers by saying “cart” or something similar.

Howardh

Established Member
And mine was ''bus''! (according to family legend) :lol:
Probably mine too. One of the first words I learned to spell was "Atlantian". The only word I ever got right according to Collywobbles the head.

xotGD

Established Member
I suppose if one of your parents was a crank, there is every chance that your first words would be 'Dreadful' or 'My Lords'.

56 1/2

" Penzance is a lovely station and has a real ‘that’s as far as you go’ feel about it."

It's the buffer stops are the give away

But a fine station

matacaster

On Moderation
Not sure, but have it on good authority that TPE baby's first word is "cancelled".

Busaholic

Veteran Member
I was honestly hoping that it would be. ;)
I guess our ancestors annoyed there mothers by saying “cart” or something similar.
Happy to confirm! Mind you, it might very, very easily have been tram as the original, clanking double deck type passed my grandmother's flat until just after I was four, but I was a little bit afraid of them, if truth be told.

My sister-in-law's first born didn't speak for an age after his birth, then blurted out a complete sentence as though he'd been saving it up! You could never shut him up after that, and now he's a barrister and part-time judge. Just don't get into an argument with him ;lol:

UP13

My middle child was able to name steam engine parts at the age of 3. My wife and I were very impressed as I don't recall teaching her.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
My youngest child's first word was 'b***er'... :rolleyes:
That was my (then young) macaw's first recognisable word too, on account of the workman nearby he could hear muttering to himself. Even now, his English is confined to 'hello' and 'hot', though his repertoire is immense if only you could translate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.