• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What were you before you joined the railway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steam Man

On Moderation
I was a student at college getting my English and maths certificates joined a steam railway in 2011 and I still work on steam railways

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jimfrst

I was a car mechanic for 13 years before joining the railway as a depot driver. Now a mainline driver instructor.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Transport planner before joining.

Last edited:

TM Hopeful

Just over 21 years as Cabin Crew previously, just waiting for my start date as TM with GWR.
A bit scary to leave the only job I’ve ever done, but I feel it’s the right time for me and can’t wait to get started with GWR now!!

Last edited:

Stigy

Established Member
Just over 21 years as Cabin Crew preciously, just waiting for my start date as TM with GWR.
A bit scary to leave the only job I’ve ever done, but I feel it’s the right time for me and can’t wait to get started with GWR now!!
Good luck, I’m sure you won’t regret it. I went from SWR to GWR which, although still on the railway, was a culture shock going from a job I knew inside out, to one whereby I had to start from scratch (trainee driver). My previous job was nothing like that of a driver and the similarities ended at PTS really (that was about the extent of my operational knowledge).

I’d not change it for the world though. It’s tough but I’ve never been happier.

baz962

Established Member
Just over 21 years as Cabin Crew preciously, just waiting for my start date as TM with GWR.
Why preciously , are you a diva ...lol

Yellowbelly

Five years in the Royal Navy and 15 years in the fire service. I’m nervous and excited in equal measure. I’ve always been fond of the railway and can’t wait to get started. If everybody’s anywhere near as professional, nice and helpful as the staff where I’ve applied and the people on this forum then it’s going to be an excellent career choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.