• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's Happened to the S. K. Baker Atlas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK Tom

Established Member
I ordered a copy of the new edition of S. K. Baker's marvellous UK Rail Atlas back in September 2018, when it was due to come out in a matter of weeks. To date it still hasn't been released. Amazon periodically sends me an email saying the publication date has been moved, but it never comes.

Does anyone know what's going on with it? If it isn't ever coming, what alternative up-to-date publications would people recommend with comparable levels of detail and similar coverage of things like preserved lines, electrification, single/double track and freight only lines?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The gentleman responsible has been very ill for quite a while now so the publication has therefore been delayed. I'm not sure whether or not he's in the mend or not yet but you'd have to hope so after this long!

Keith Jarrett

The Crecy (owners of the OPC imprint) catalogue gives an April 2020 publication date and it is even mentioned in the introductory blurb so there's hope for everyone, including us booksellers who get asked about publication on a regular basis.

DelW

Established Member
I ordered a copy of the new edition of S. K. Baker's marvellous UK Rail Atlas back in September 2018, when it was due to come out in a matter of weeks. To date it still hasn't been released. Amazon periodically sends me an email saying the publication date has been moved, but it never comes.

Does anyone know what's going on with it? If it isn't ever coming, what alternative up-to-date publications would people recommend with comparable levels of detail and similar coverage of things like preserved lines, electrification, single/double track and freight only lines?
Have you considered this?
https://www.trackmaps.co.uk/trackmaps/railway-track-diagrams/trackatlas-of-mainland-britain-2017/
A bit more expensive, but lots of details (individual tracks are shown) and I think covers your criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.