• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's your latest acquisition?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RichJF

Thank's for that. I did not know about that one. Is it just second hand like Ticehurst ?
Yes with some good bargains. Large collection of older Hornby, Mainline & Lima rolling stock as well. Free parking on the road towards Town Row.

TheEdge

Established Member
Great Electric Train Shoe at Milton Keynes this weekend. I'm expecting plenty of poor financial choices in this thread!

RichJF

Great Electric Train Shoe at Milton Keynes this weekend. I'm expecting plenty of poor financial choices in this thread!
Didn't even realise it was on this weekend! Probably wouldn't have gone anyway :D

TheEdge

Established Member
So I walk into the Marshall Arena with my two friends, proudly declaring it won't be an expensive day as there will be barely any continental stuff there.

About 2 minutes later we walk along the Rails stall...

DSC_1701.JPG

God damn it.

But it means I got my 88 in S&DJR Blue for the memory of my grandad. Worth every penny.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
So I walk into the Marshall Arena with my two friends, proudly declaring it won't be an expensive day as there will be barely any continental stuff there.

View attachment 121856

God damn it.

But it means I got my 88 in S&DJR Blue for the memory of my grandad. Worth every penny.

Oh brilliant. I’m really pleased that you found one. :)

Peter C

Established Member
Go to Compass Model Railways in Rotherfield as well in one big trip. Similar bargains...
Thanks @RichJF - I'd not heard of that one before. I'll need to make a journey down there and see what bargains there are to be found in that part of the world!

View attachment 121856

God damn it.

Now that looks lovely in that livery, doesn't it? That yellow lining is really cool. I'm really glad you managed to find one - definitely worth the effort. :)

-Peter

XAM2175

Established Member
Childhood holidays to the Moselle valley which is complete with the traditional German mainline running through vineyards and villages in a deep gorge. That and Europe in general and Germany in particular has been a hold out of loco hauled stock much longer than the UK.
Its been a while since I've popped up with some strange European N model no one here is interest in.
I know this is some major thread archaeology but I wanted to emphatically state my interest, especially seeing as it was also inspired and nourished by photographs and videos of the Mosel and Rhein valley railways :wub:

My only tiny criticism is that you should have gone with HO scale, haha.

TheEdge

Established Member
I know this is some major thread archaeology but I wanted to emphatically state my interest, especially seeing as it was also inspired and nourished by photographs and videos of the Mosel and Rhein valley railways :wub:

My only tiny criticism is that you should have gone with HO scale, haha.

Well, seeing as you mentioned it's been a while since I popped up with something German...

DSC_1726.JPG

Fleischmann ICE-T sound fitted and with actual tilting action. It's a nice little runner but I'll be keeping the video until I get the coach packs to make it a full rake...

xotGD

Established Member
After a slight gap, another addition to my KWVR-themed collection...

There are a couple of Weltrol wagons on the railway, including this example:

B900916.jpg

There are also assorted wheels lying about in various places:

Wheels.jpg

So I have been able to combine the two, with this Mainline model that I picked up for a good price:

Weltrol.jpg

Now coupled up to the two Lowmacs that I had acquired earlier.

I'm still on the lookout for a Mermaid and a Dogfish or two to add to the ballast rake - at the right price!

Ted633

Just taken delivery of the new Bachmann class 47. Not a model I was ever intending to buy, but they had to release 47376 'Freightliner 1995' in Freightliner grey. I have an old Hornby version of this locomotive from my childhood, so I obviously had to get the up to date version!
Went for the sound fitted version (which is amazing) as once you've added the cost of a Plux22 decoder onto the standard model, you may as well spend a little more and get a far superior one. The model itself looks fantastic and runs very smoothly.

IMG_20221026_162344.jpg

Spot the difference

IMG_20221026_162426.jpg

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Just taken delivery of the new Bachmann class 47. Not a model I was ever intending to buy, but they had to release 47376 'Freightliner 1995' in Freightliner grey. I have an old Hornby version of this locomotive from my childhood, so I obviously had to get the up to date version!
Went for the sound fitted version (which is amazing) as once you've added the cost of a Plux22 decoder onto the standard model, you may as well spend a little more and get a far superior one. The model itself looks fantastic and runs very smoothly.

View attachment 122662

Spot the difference

View attachment 122663

Lovely. That’s the one that’s preserved at Gloucester and Warwickshire Railway isn’t it?

Iskra

Established Member

View attachment 122662

Spot the difference

View attachment 122663
Very nice. Did you get the deluxe or normal sound version?

Ted633

Lovely. That’s the one that’s preserved at Gloucester and Warwickshire Railway isn’t it?
It is indeed. Glad it got saved in the end.
Very nice. Did you get the deluxe or normal sound version?
Normal sound version. The rotating fans really do 'make' the model, but for an extra 60 odd pounds, I can't really justify it.

XAM2175

Established Member
Fleischmann ICE-T sound fitted and with actual tilting action. It's a nice little runner but I'll be keeping the video until I get the coach packs to make it a full rake...
I have to confess that the ICE-T doesn't really do much for me, but actual tilting action is extremely cool haha

Iskra

Established Member
I picked up these recently, which are quite rare, for £160. A dealer somewhere else is trying to sell 8 for £600 :D :D These will replace my Highland Mk2's/Observation car rake which are more suited for the Kyle Line, with the MK1's much more prototypical for the West Highland Line.

thumbnail_IMG_9894.jpg

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I picked up these recently, which are quite rare, for £160. A dealer somewhere else is trying to sell 8 for £600 :D :D These will replace my Highland Mk2's/Observation car rake which are more suited for the Kyle Line, with the MK1's much more prototypical for the West Highland Line.

View attachment 122789

A perfect rake of coaches for your railway. :)

XAM2175

Established Member
Lovely stuff!

Iskra

Established Member
070DC0F2-EE63-4638-9867-17A81604DD0D.jpeg
Got myself a litte Bachmann departmental 5 plank sand tipper wagon for the permanent way rake this week

BrettSy96

Managed to buy another “Celebrity” GBRF 66 to add to my collection, 66779 ‘evening star’ bought it at a bargain price of £87!:D So I’m very pleased with that.

Iskra

Established Member
A lovely wagon - and a cool little scene there too. That six-wheel coach is very nice indeed (as is the whole thing really - the BR maroon is a favourite of mine...) ;)

-Peter
Thanks Peter!

Managed to buy another “Celebrity” GBRF 66 to add to my collection, 66779 ‘evening star’ bought it at a bargain price of £87!:D So I’m very pleased with that.
Very nice, I was at one point eye-ing one of those up for potential use on my upcoming MK5 Caledonian Sleeper rake, but I never quite did it. It’s certainly a nice livery and you got it at a brilliant price :)

BrettSy96

Thanks Peter!

Very nice, I was at one point eye-ing one of those up for potential use on my upcoming MK5 Caledonian Sleeper rake, but I never quite did it. It’s certainly a nice livery and you got it at a brilliant price :)
Yeah it sure is ! I forgot to mention it was the bachmann version I got aswell, I’ve seen the less detailed Hornby version go for more so I’m pleased :)

Iskra

Established Member
Over the weekend I ordered this Oxford Rail 1960’s Car Flat pack, for the Car Flat and the layout generally. You get sent a random assortment, who can name the car types…?

3CCCA527-D7A4-4E13-8A14-6688B5982559.jpeg

Ediswan

Established Member
Over the weekend I ordered this Oxford Rail 1960’s Car Flat pack, for the Car Flat and the layout generally. You get sent a random assortment, who can name the car types…?
One looks like an Austin A60 Cambridge (without wing mirrors).
A60.PNG