• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

When does a 'pass' expire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

porty5uk

Hi, Just wondering how long a 'pass' on the tests/assessment is valid for? I have read 2years, 3years. 4years!! Anyone know which one of any are correct?

Thanks!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

455driver

Veteran Member
It can be up to 5 years as long as no major* events have taken place in your life, most TOCs settle for either 2 or 3 years.

* No I dont have a clue what that means.

SPADTrap

Established Member
Bearing in mind the change of assessment process approaching this month, will this invalidate previous passes?

benno79

So can I assume that the assessments I am due to sit at the end of the October will be the new ones?

bh518

I think RSSB state in the info regarding the new assessment that a previous pass (before the new tests come into force) will still stand. But I'd expect some TOCs may still request an applicant to sit the new tests regardless of a previous pass maybe?

Railgal

Are the conductor assessments also changing in October, or is it only the tests for drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.