• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

When is station road not station road

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverSpeed

Doesn't the road lead to the former Elmesthorpe Station (by the Wentworth Arms)?
I thought that too, but i do not know if the station Rd that goes to the old Elmesthorpe Station is a continuation of the road of the same name that's in Earl Shilton (As there are few roads in between them!).

Now there is a new addition , Station Avenue at Houlton in Rugby.

It's a new development to the east of the town, on the old former Rugby radio station, which is where the link to the name Station Avenue might come from BUT with that said, the Avenue looks like it could be directly in line of the site of the proposed Rugby Parkway station on the Northampton loop line (If the funding ever comes through for it!).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

peteb

Station Road at Desborough Northants runs directly to the old goods yard where they've built a supermarket but the old station building, now a house, is actually accessed from Gladstone Street. The Rushton Rd runs the full length of the goods yard.

Steddenm

Station Road in Earl Shilton Leicestershire has never had a station or even a railway line within a couple of miles. The nearest station is Hinckley on the line between Leicester & Nuneaton.
Station Road in Earl Shilton actually led to Elmsthorpe station on the line between Hinckley and Narborough although the station closed years ago.

75A

Established Member
Station Road in Earl Shilton actually led to Elmsthorpe station on the line between Hinckley and Narborough although the station closed years ago.
It hasn't led anywhere apart from the rerouted A47 for a number of years and is several ..miles away from Elmsthorpe

Pinza-C55

Station Town in County Durham was served by Wingate station which luckily avoided being called Station Town Station.

BS56

You are forgetting the failed monorail which was projected to run past one end of station road. I have no idea if a station was planned at that point.
I think you will find the monorail was built and was horse drawn it only lasted a short while and so there was a station of some kind there. There was article about this line a came across on facebook some years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.