• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where can i find a PTS sponsor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyb1607

Hi all,i am trying to get into the rail industry but cannot for the life of me find a company that sponsors for the pts ticket. could anybody please tell me companies that would sponsor me, I live in the Doncaster area.... Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

andyb1607

thanks mate il give it a try, cant believe how difficult it is to get into the rail works

The One

I do believe there is a company in Birmingham that will do your PTS and you really want track induction to.And they will sponsor you. You can have two sponsors on your sentinel card to so you can look for work around your area and I inow it will cost you to start with if you have to pay for it your self but you will make your money back no problems.Problem you have is agency's prefer people with PTS.But what you need a PTS with AC and DCCR 3rd rail and Track Induction all the best

Last edited:

Elecman

Established Member
The Sentinel rules state you can have 1Primary Sponsor and 2 Sub Zsponsors ( who must be acceptable to the Primary Sponsor).

andyb1607

thanks for your help folks,could do with any companies names to get in touch with then to do my pts,dont mind paying for it. is there much full time work out there
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I wont give up lol...thanks for your help

The One

No lol I am trying to PM you PM me so I can get a link to you

Cheers

Last edited:

andyb1607

just looking online at some courses,what benefits would I have if I did a 10 day track induction course

Stuart-h

ive got my pts card but don't have track induction. Think track induction adds £1000 to the 3 day course. Track induction deals with the maintaince of p-way ie: changing the gemotory of the track. Theres more chance of getting work if you've got it, but don't worry if you don't have it. Theres always the chance to put it on your pts card at a later date.

Last edited:

andyb1607

ive got my pts card but don't have track induction. Think track induction adds £1000 to the 3 day course. Track induction deals with the maintaince of p-way ie: changing the gemotory of the track. Theres more chance of getting work if you've got it, but don't worry if you don't have it. Theres always the chance to put it on your pts card at a later date.

Thanks mate,wondered what the p-way meant.im considering whether to bite the bullet and just do the induction as well. What are the chances of finding full time work rather than temp ?

Status
Not open for further replies.